Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.0.2 jailbreak and unlock yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mindblown View Post
    do you have your shsh blobs on cydia?
    Yes!! I have my shsh blobs on Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by flipub View Post
    Anwsers to what?
    How do you downgrade the iPhone 4, back to 4.0 or 4.0.1. The only instructions I find are for 3G, and I've tried every method I've seen in YouTube but nothing works? Is there a way?
    Last edited by mrsmcscruggs; 2010-08-24 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

do just like iphone 3gs.check this web site [URL="http://www.iphonefirmware.com".I did mine other day working.
    when you start downgrade almost the end it will get error 1004
    and use reboot to get out from recover mode.

[QUOTE=vimm;5416621]do just like iphone 3gs.check this web site [URL="http://www.iphonefirmware.com".I did mine other day working.
    when you start downgrade almost the end it will get error 1004
    and use reboot to get out from recover mode.[/QUOTE]
    I have done that. I have the firmware from http://www.iphonefirmware.com, both 4.0 and 4.0.1 and I always get an error message in the 3000's such as 3145, or 3001, etc. I have never gotten an error message of 1004. I have used tiny umbrella to kick me out of recovery just like the instructions say, and it still doesn't work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to edit your hosts file and add 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com before you restore

after you edit your hosts file, you can go ahead and restore, it will go to sauriks server instead of apple server and read your shsh blobs that u have saved on cydia
    Last edited by mindblown; 2010-08-24 at 02:40 AM.

You need to edit your hosts file and add 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com before you restore

after you edit your hosts file, you can go ahead and restore, it will go to sauriks server instead of apple server and read your shsh blobs that u have saved on cydia
    Everything I've read is that you need to change the host file to 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com. I have done this without success, but will try the edit you've described above. I'll let you know how it goes.

PS: do you run tiny umbrella TSS server as well as changing the host file?
    Last edited by mrsmcscruggs; 2010-08-24 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

TinyUmbrella, start TSS sever and restore with iTunes.

Edit your host file or use tiny umbrella but not both.
    Last edited by k1653d; 2010-08-24 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

yeah, use one of those methods
    i didnt use tinyumbrella because i had already edit my hosts file from previous restoring from other iphone so it was convenient for me to just do the regular way. but i did use tinyumbrella to kick me out of recovery mode
    Last edited by mindblown; 2010-08-24 at 03:32 AM.

It worked!!! I'm officially downgraded!!! You have my undying gratitude. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmcscruggs View Post
    It worked!!! I'm officially downgraded!!! You have my undying gratitude. Thank you.
    PS: I changed the host file AND ran the TSS server at the same time and it finally worked. When finished loading I got the 1001 error message, and used tiny umbrella to kick me out of recovery, then everything worked smoothly from there. Yeah!!
    Last edited by mrsmcscruggs; 2010-08-25 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

haha gj

grrrrrrrrrrrr i have a 3gs that i upgraded to 4.0.2 & I'm not able to downgrade to 4.0.1 or any thing else anyone have any suggestions?

I have heard that you can downgrade just run through iTunes in dfu mode then when it gives you a error close iTunes and run recboot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12