Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bricked

Default Bricked
    I got my iphone 4 iso 4.0 with Tmobile few days ago. JB at the first night. Try to play around with the apps. But all of a sudden the phone can't boot up with a white apple logo. I tried to restore it with iTunes. But it only allows me to restore with 4.0.2 which mean I can't have Tmobile connection. I am sure many folks having Iphone4 with Tmobile would face this situation. Please let me know what did you guys do when the phone is down and what's the best way to fix it. Many thanks
    Last edited by tbs2; 2010-08-21 at 06:15 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you save your 4.0.1 SHSHs? If so, you won't have to go to 4.0.2.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trooper Sam For This Useful Post:

tbs2 (2010-08-21)

Unfortunately no, cuz I am a newbie. I am sure there is no way I can save the Shsh at this point. Would 4.0.2 be the only way to go??? Sigh!!!!

might as well throw phone away

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Tech View Post
    might as well throw phone away
    Okay, that's a bit extreme.

No, all you need to do at this point is be patient. In a couple of weeks, iOS 4.1 will be released, the Dev Team will have a JB for it, and you'll be able to JB and unlock your phone again.

But please, as soon as 4.1 comes out, save your SHSH for it, and for all subsequent releases. TinyUmbrella is your friend, and will keep this from happening to you in the future.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trooper Sam For This Useful Post:

tbs2 (2010-08-21)

If I restore to 4.0.2 via itunes, that supposed to make my Iphone 4 back to normal. Can I save my shsh to tiny umbrella at that time? Then I can do a downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 or lower.

Thanks

You can save 4.0.2 blobs, but all that'll do is let you roll back to 4.0.2. No blobs for 4.0.1=no downgrade to 4.0.1.

Oh, and there's no way to get 4.0.1 blobs now. Apple stopped signing them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trooper Sam For This Useful Post:

smii954 (2010-08-22)

You can no longer save your SHSH for 4.0.1. Apple has stopped signing this firmware version.

I'm using 4.0.2 on my iPhone 3G on T-Mobile, everything is fine, why can't you do that also?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to golfing7861 For This Useful Post:

tbs2 (2010-08-21)

hi can any 1 help me i av ipod toch with error2003 on it please help me thanks

How?? 4.0.2 can't unlock you phone for carriers other than AT&T.

Do you think I upgrade to 4.0.2 and will have no problem to connect with Tmobile?

Well I updated about a week ago, used ultrasn0w and jailbreaked with resn0w. everything is fine, tmobile works great for me.

Does it require shsh file to do it? If not, I can do the same way ultrasn0w. And you jailbroke your 4.0.2 with resn0w? I hope I can do it.

I didnt need any shsh, but I just realized that I'm using the 3G which has a different baseband than the iphone 4. Sorry I don't think it will work for you.

O thanks for your sharing anyway!

When I jailbreak and unlock an iPhone for someone I always hit the "Make my life easier" button on cydia so it backs there SHSH blobs up on Cydia. Try the downgrade guide from here: Downgrade iOS 4.0.2 to iOS 4.0.1 / 4.0 iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie
    Even though you arent running 4.0.2 you have to do as it says and download 4.0.1 or 4.0 (depending on which one was on your iPhone in the first place and edit the host file to point apples server at the cydia server then you can try the restore with the correct IOS Firmware. Good Luck. I cant see why a person jailbreaking the iPhone would hit the "Make my Life Easier" button while loading Cydia. Strong chance you arent screwed yet!

Thanks, I tried a few times. Once restored with iso 4.0, an error code 3506 came up. And Tinyumbrealla detected the phone but couldn't kick the device out. It disconnected the phone instead. And still with the white apple logo on the phone.