Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Sim Card Not Working!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default T-Mobile Sim Card Not Working!!
    Ok, so I just got an Iphone 3g 16gb, it was jailbroken with jailbreakme.com & unlocked with ultrasnow. The sim card I had in my BB got damaged so I bought a new one. I put it in the Iphone & it says No Sim Card Installed. I tried reinstalling ultrasnow with no luck. So I decided to try my wife's sim card (She has a 8gb iphone 3g unlocked on tmobile) and her's worked! So I put my sim in her phone & it worked! I asked if she wanted to switch but she said NO! So now I need help figuring out why my sim won't work in my iphone but it works in her iphone or why her's works in both phones but mine doesn't??

Thanks
    usually it should work
    did you try to put your sim in iPhone
    and then restart?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to _zen_ For This Useful Post:

antdog05 (2010-08-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, I powered off and back on with no luck. I just completely removed ultrasnow and installed it all over again and it works with her tmobile sim but still does not work with mine. I unlocked her phone again and both sim cards work in it!

R u a dutch Tmobile user

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mvg For This Useful Post:

antdog05 (2010-08-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No, I'm in the US

U can try to download apn carier settings from Google this might help otherwise try another tmobile card or by e simunlockskide in tool on dealxtreme.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mvg For This Useful Post:

antdog05 (2010-08-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have all the settings and the phone is unlocked, my wife's tmobile sim card works perfectly fine, calls, sms, mms & internet! My sim card works in her iphone perfectly fine but not mine!

restore and rejailbreak, but before you do that, reinstall ultrasn0w.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrWHOx For This Useful Post:

antdog05 (2010-08-18)

Make sure 3G is off and turn on airplane mode and turn it back off.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to k1653d For This Useful Post:

antdog05 (2010-08-18)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Does your new sim show your phone number? (General/Phone/My Number)

I had problems a year or so ago and had to use a different phone (Nokia probably) to 'write' my phone # in a new T-Mobile sim. I don't remember what my problem was, but the inability of the iPhone to write to the sim was my issue.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

antdog05 (2010-08-18)

Is your wifes sim Tmobile one also?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mvg For This Useful Post:

antdog05 (2010-08-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My phone doesn't read my sim at all, but when I put it in my wife's iphone it shows my number.

& Yes, her sim is tmobile also. I tried the suggestions above with no luck.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kopich For This Useful Post:

antdog05 (2010-08-18)

...this makes no sense. Either it's your firmware or your SIM reader is broken... Only two things that could affect this, since your SIM works fine with your wife's phone.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MrWHOx For This Useful Post:

antdog05 (2010-08-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The two sims are the same size. & yes I agree that it makes no sense. Especially since her SIM works in my phone.

It is strange story. They can do a cross test at the T store and maybe they replace your sim instantly they did this for me and that made some improvements. Is it legal in USA to use Tmobile in iPhone?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mvg View Post
    ... Is it legal in USA to use Tmobile in iPhone?
    Huh? Of course it's legal!! AND .... while is was always known but never really stated as such - a couple weeks ago, the Library of Congress (aka: Patient/Copyright Office) officially and explicitly ruled jailbreaking ..and.. unlocking are legal! Use YOUR phone any way YOU want Apple -- go eat your shorts

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I couldn't figure it out, neither could T-Mobile so we just did a SIM-swap, had my number put on her SIM & her number on my SIM!

Sorry to drag an old thread back up, but I'm having his issue now. I've had my iPhone 3G jb'd and unlocked for about two months. It's running 3.1.3 and was jb'd using Spirit.

Last Friday, an update to Firewall IP caused it to no longer boot up. I'd get the Apple logo then it would shut off a few seconds later. I tried everything I could think but eventually had to restore then re-jailbreak.

I've now re-jb'd this phone at least 5 times (restoring between each one). I've used jailbreakme.com, redsn0w and Spirit. All of them work and jb the phone. I install ultrasn0w and for some reason, it just will not work with my SIM. Well, it did briefly the first time. I made a call and everything on TMobile. Then I got a "No SIM Card Installed" message. But an AT&T SIM works fine.

Then after one of the JB/unlocks, I borrowed my friend's TMo SIM. Hers worked fine...I made a phone call and received a text. And my SIM worked in her TMobile phone just fine. If I put my SIM into an unlocked AT&T iPhone, it gives an invalid SIM. But put it back in mine and nothing.

I thought maybe my SIM was messed up so I went to the TMo store and they gave me a new SIM. It works fine in my Motorola W490. But put it in the iPhone and nothing registers. It's as if I never put it in.

So I'm just at a loss here. Could this version of ultrasn0w be not playing well with my SIM for some reason? The previous version I had on here was 0.93 and the one you get now is 1.1. Does anyone have any ideas here?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've tried all the ideas in this thread and nothing worked! You could try the ideas mentioned, maybe they'll work for you. Good luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast