Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Sim Card Not Working!!

Quote Originally Posted by antdog05 View Post
    The sim card I had in my BB got damaged so I bought a new one. I put it in the Iphone & it says No Sim Card Installed.
    Is the SIM card activated through tmobile since it's new..... otherwise try installing a hacktivated firmware

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^TitanTiger

IF your baseband is still 4.26.08 then you could try ultrasn0w 0.93 again, howeven I doubt it helps.

Put your SIM in a cheapo Nokia and set 'My Number'. Can't be sure, but this helped me years ago.

As a last resort, use Pwnage or SnowBreeze to build a custom FW, then try to load with recovery mode, then DFU mode.

I tried Pwnage last night but kept getting an error when going into DFU. Pwnage would indicate it went into DFU but iTunes would give an error.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTiger View Post
    ... iTunes would give an error.
    When using Pwnage/DFU mode, what error did iTunes give?

I may try it again tonight. It said something about an iPhone discovered in recovery mode but it couldn't tell what type or something. I ended up having to shut down iTunes and Pwnage, then go into DFU mode again with iTunes and do a restore.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^ When iTunes 1st discovers a iDevice in recovery mode (maybe DFU mode too, don't remember) --- it tells the user the device is unusable and must be restored. So, you dismiss that box, and then iTunes needs to discover the type of device. This is also normal.

After these two dialogues, shift/cmd click restore, select file

Unless you've done some other crazy stuff with your iPhone; a recovery mode restore or a DFU mode restore to a custom FW will bring your iPhone back to life.

NOTE: What I mean by crazy stuff? Well, as an example ... if you replaced your battery with a non-standard knock-off and restore to 3.1.3, iTunes will fail at the very end with Unknown error (29). Note: 3.1.2 works!
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-09-01 at 12:25 AM.

Ok, I got Pwnage to work. Now I need to use ultrasn0w, but I don't know how to get my hands on version 0.93 or how to install it from my Mac or PC (since the ultrasn0w repo only offers 1.1).

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Since you've started over again, use the current version 1.1-1, it should work!
    Also, I just noticed you have BaseBand (5.12.x) in your profile. Ultrasn0w 0.93 will NOT work. 0.92/0.93 only works with 4.26.08 baseband.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-09-01 at 01:16 AM.

use either 1.0-1 or 1.1-1. i have a 1.0-1 deb if you need it, otherwise just use the repo

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Since you've started over again, use the current version 1.1-1, it should work!
    Also, I just noticed you have BaseBand (5.12.x) in your profile. Ultrasn0w 0.93 will NOT work. 0.92/0.93 only works with 4.26.08 baseband.
    Well, I've started over several times now. But I've used the 1.1-1 of ultrasn0w everytime and it hasn't worked. I'm almost positive that I used 0.93 on this baseband before because I think I followed these instructions:

iPhone Dev Team Releases UltraSn0w 0.93 To Unlock iOS 4 Baseband 05.13.04, Also Unlocks All Basebands Since iPhone OS 3.0 - iPhone Hacks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^TitanTiger...

I appologize ... you are correct. 0.93 supports your BB. (I was thinking about 0.92 which only supports 4.26.08). PM me your email and I'll send you the .deb. Do you know how to install it manually? dpkg -i ultrasn0w0.93.deb.

Personally, I really think it's a waste of time. I don't know of any problem that was fixed with an earlier version of ultrasn0w. The yellosn0w/ultrasn0w releases have always been extremely reliable. If this fixes your problem, you will be the absolute first True

Also: You said you started over several times .... but if I remember correctly -- your prior starts never passed the successful restore stage. Successful step by successful step
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-09-01 at 02:28 AM.

You're right. I was just messing with you. This thing is driving me crazy.

Now, I've never installed manually. Where do I type that dpkg command and where do I put the file you send me before I do it?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

TitanTiger ......................

Let's not go this route. There is no doubt in my mind ultrasn0w is not causing your problem. Seriously.

And with your inexperience, it's very likely to cause more problems. I would really hate that.

My only fear is that I've JB'd this phone and restored multiple times. I've used redsn0w, Spirit and JailbreakMe.com. Everytime, the jailbreak works, but we get to the unlock stage and aside from the very first time where it worked with my SIM for a test call and then gave me this message a couple of minutes later, the unlock is where it breaks down. And the only difference I can think of is that I was on ultrasn0w 0.93 before that Firewall IP update borked everything.

I would think is was the hardware like the SIM contacts in the phone, but it works fine with my friend's AT&T SIM, before or after the JB. It even worked yesterday with someone else's TMobile SIM.

I guess I could try 1.1-1 again, but I'll admit, I'm not hopeful.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I feel your pain ... but the fact that it works 'sometimes' (including TMobile --- ultrasn0w working ) further leads me to believe it's not ultrasn0w ... and indeed something hardware related.

You've got a very clean and freshly restored iPhone now. I would go with the assumption it 'must' work now or something hardware is failing: ie: SIM, sim slot, connections, or ??

BTW: I trust the DevTeam Pwnagetool restore 100%. Others may disagree, but it's the most complete and reliable method to cleanly restore firmware and jailbreak. I'm staying with 3.1.3 until the DevTeam releases their 4.x Pwnagetool .
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-09-01 at 04:01 AM.

Well, nothing.

Still a No SIM message. I'm just sick.

sounds like a sim or sim reader error?

Yeah, and I've already traded out for a new SIM. So if it's hardware, it's the sim reader in the phone. And I don't have the money to fix this thing right now. Sucks.

It's a cheap fix if you can do it yourself. Requires soldering.

DealExtreme: $1.99 Repair Parts Replacement Internal SIM Card Tray for iPhone 3G + Free Shipping

Maybe try this for instructions if you want to try it. Maybe you broke a pin off the reader (or the person who had it before you)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFh7Vp1AsIk[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LyD-cgv2hY[/ame]
    Last edited by amsgator; 2010-09-01 at 05:20 AM.

That looks scary for me. I just don't trust I could crack this thing open and not damage something.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast