Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free T-Mobile Edge gone?

Default Free T-Mobile Edge gone?
    Hey guys thought I would make my own topic to get some better help. So I was using internet2.voicestream.com on a T-Mobile prepaid account on my iPhone and as of 2 days ago nothing is working. I tried to reset my settings, enter the other 2 APN sites. I am running ios 4.0.1 on an iPhone 3g. Any help would be glady appreciated. Thank you!!!

Yes, it is gone. Nothing we can do now.

Sadly, it does seem like the loophole is closed. Seems like the proxies are unavailable too....It might be time to step up and go legit.... Can anybody comment on how the $9.99 Web2Go is working? Still up?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to frackers For This Useful Post:

nelesq (2010-08-15)

Quote Originally Posted by frackers View Post
    Sadly, it does seem like the loophole is closed. Seems like the proxies are unavailable too....It might be time to step up and go legit.... Can anybody comment on how the $9.99 Web2Go is working? Still up?
    my 9.99$ hack is working fine and i hope they dont patch anything up in the near future lol. 9.99 hack is not bad at all and it's very useful for maps/gps/facebook/twitter

rivryan what APN are you using/other settings?

Quote Originally Posted by golfing7861 View Post
    rivryan what APN are you using/other settings?
    well first of all you have to call tmobile and set up the "web 2 go" service for your "razor" phone.

then you go to settings>>general>>network>>(turn 3g off)>>cellular data network>>

then under the heading "cellular data" just use the APN internet2.voicestream.com

--leave username and password blank

Quote Originally Posted by rivryan View Post
    well first of all you have to call tmobile and set up the "web 2 go" service for your "razor" phone.

then you go to settings>>general>>network>>(turn 3g off)>>cellular data network>>

then under the heading "cellular data" just use the APN internet2.voicestream.com

--leave username and password blank
    Thats what I had in there with Web2Go for a few months and it worked great. But as of 2 days ago it hasn't been working. Hmmm///

No more feedback, sorry.
    Last edited by MrWHOx; 2010-08-16 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by golfing7861 View Post
    Thats what I had in there with Web2Go for a few months and it worked great. But as of 2 days ago it hasn't been working. Hmmm///
    Oh well I'm on it now in my car replying to you lol so mine is fine. Try a hard reboot? Sometimes I have to do that

No more feedback, sorry.

MrWhoX, me too. I'm on tmobile prepaid and it worked fine for like 5 months. Just like 2 days ago it got messed up. No free Edge in Texas

aw man not cool you guys are scaring me haha i cant live without my cheap edge network!

from florida btw, so seems like its migrating east

No more feedback, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    This is it... I thought I'd go through college with this plan, but I guess I have to man up and ditch this stupid excuse for a telephone company. AT&T is my way now. GoPhones are my prepaid source for here on out, i guess...

Unless...

I have a theory on how to bypass this, actually, but it requires some hard-core programming. We need to spoof our phones so they thing it's a phone that is eligible for receiving data from their network (RAZR, SideKick, etc.). Can somebody pull this off?
    wasnt this the beginning idea? we told them (or at least i did) that i had a "razr" phone and would like the "web2go" on it not that i have an "iphone" and i want the web to go? i remember in teh past where the edge network was unavailable for like 4-5 days and everyone was complaining on forums and stuff but then all of a sudden people starting getting it back. If i remember clearly...hmm

No more feedback, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    nonono... wait, you guys REQUESTED that the internet be available on the pay-as-you-go be available? when the hell was this?

that's not the point, I'm talking about spoofing our iPhone modems to broadcast with the ID of another phone that t-mobile allows on their network.

it was called "web2go?" when was this offered?
    apparently im misunderstanding your problem lol, i dont use a "pay as you go" sim card from tmobile. I have a legit sim card and family plan. sorry for the misunderstanding. Maybe the problem is JUST with pay-as-you-go sim cards? should narrow down the problem to find a solution faster

**and yes they offered "web2go" 9.99 data plans that were strictly for RAZR phones or non-smartphones. This is the plan i use right now on my unlocked iphone 3gs 4.0.1.

No more feedback, sorry.
    Last edited by MrWHOx; 2010-08-16 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

shoot ha

never knew there was a FREE edge data service lol always thought u'd have to do either the 5.99 tzones or 9.99 web2go. sorry

So you can't get Web2Go for free then? I thought it was like T-Zones

No more feedback, sorry.
    Last edited by MrWHOx; 2010-08-16 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MrWHOx For This Useful Post:

rivryan (2010-08-14)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast