Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 138

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Patch CommCenter & T-Mobile US Enable Carrier Bundles

  1. #81
    You shouldn't hard link to an individual IPCC, but to the thread since your links go out of date whenever I update the IPCCs: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

  2. #82
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    Yes I am. Clicked windows logo, search cmd, right click run as administrator, click yes. Then it pops up, followed instructions but still can't figure it out. Also the deb file doesn't work because it says made for 4.1 and I'm on 4.0.2 so there's an error while trying to install on ifile.
    Is itunes and your iPhone connected running while you are typing
    the command?

    also the easyest way i found to h to install the DEB file is using

    winscp

    I will post instructions and pic on how to do it using WinSCP

    Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    Yes I am. Clicked windows logo, search cmd, right click run as administrator, click yes. Then it pops up, followed instructions but still can't figure it out. Also the deb file doesn't work because it says made for 4.1 and I'm on 4.0.2 so there's an error while trying to install on ifile.


    Did you change the file type from IPSW to IPPC in the file type selection box

    "CLICK HERE OR ON PHOTO"




    Or here is a closer image

    CLICK ONTHE IMAGE FOR A CLOSER VIEW




    How are you exacuting the DEB file?
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 2010-10-23 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

  3. #83
    I have an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3GS 4.0.1

    I recently upgraded to a web2go data plan. Only the cellular data works OK (APN internet2.voicestream.com).
    No matter what settings I change in the MMS APN I cannot send or receive MMS.
    Before upgrading I had a prepaid plan(no data plan)and MMS worked fine!

    I've installed/uninstalled 3 MMS fixes from 3 different repos, rebooted dozens of times each time I edited the APN settings but NO LUCK.

    Cellular Data works.
    MMS doesn't.

    Can someone give me the correct MMS settings for the above situation?

  4. #84
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    Question: Cydia keeps trying to update the patch but won't successfully install. It reboots to a half installed package alert, which I ignore. Oddly, the version I installed over ssh is the same it's trying to update to in Cydia. Why is this, and can I get around it?

  5. #85
    I have the iPhone 4 and the only problem I'm having is I can't receive mms but I can send.

    MMS=APN epc.tmobile.com
    username is left blank
    password is left blank
    MMSC http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    mms proxy 216.155.165.50:8080
    max size 1048576
    mms ua prof url http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

  6. #86
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by shenese View Post
    I have the iPhone 4 and the only problem I'm having is I can't receive mms but I can send.

    MMS=APN epc.tmobile.com
    username is left blank
    password is left blank
    MMSC http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    mms proxy 216.155.165.50:8080
    max size 1048576
    mms ua prof url http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    Installe MMS fix from beta.leimobile.com/repo, that should fix the problem
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by vimm View Post
    try this source have 4.0 and 4.1,I thing you can use 4.0
    repo.insanelyi.com
    Did that, but it only has 4.0.1 and 4.1 patch. No 4.0.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnycoop121 View Post
    Is itunes and your iPhone connected running while you are typing
    the command?

    also the easyest way i found to h to install the DEB file is using

    winscp

    I will post instructions and pic on how to do it using WinSCP





    Did you change the file type from IPSW to IPPC in the file type selection box

    "CLICK HERE OR ON PHOTO"




    Or here is a closer image

    CLICK ONTHE IMAGE FOR A CLOSER VIEW




    How are you exacuting the DEB file?
    I installed the deb by file, touch and installer. But it won't take it because it's for 4.1. I'm on 4.0.2. Lol yes I did change that and it still did not find it on my desktop.
    Last edited by dvn821; 2010-10-25 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #88
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts

    If IFile is not working for you, you can try another method at the following post.


    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/73...r-bundles.html


    Please Keep in mind this could not be done without the help of nnguyen04
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 2010-10-25 at 07:05 PM.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

  9. #89
    i think we should sticky this :P

  10. #90
    if updating to 4.1, do we need to install the new 4.1 patch? and also a new commcenter?

    thanks!

  11. #91
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    Did that, but it only has 4.0.1 and 4.1 patch. No 4.0.2



    I installed the deb by file, touch and installer. But it won't take it because it's for 4.1. I'm on 4.0.2. Lol yes I did change that and it still did not find it on my desktop.

    Did you happen to Un-Zip/Extract the files?

    The single file alone is not the carrier patch, it is a compressed file contaioning sveral files you need to unzip the file the files located in that zip file.

    did you try to un-zip/extract the files?

    Quote Originally Posted by ne0 View Post
    I have an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3GS 4.0.1

    I recently upgraded to a web2go data plan. Only the cellular data works OK (APN internet2.voicestream.com).
    No matter what settings I change in the MMS APN I cannot send or receive MMS.
    Before upgrading I had a prepaid plan(no data plan)and MMS worked fine!

    I've installed/uninstalled 3 MMS fixes from 3 different repos, rebooted dozens of times each time I edited the APN settings but NO LUCK.

    Cellular Data works.
    MMS doesn't.

    Can someone give me the correct MMS settings for the above situation?
    if it is a 3gs you are in the wrong area this precedure is for iphone 4 only.

    Do you have an AT&T Sim card lying around?, i think you best bet is to restore the phone/ Activate a friends AT&T (ACTIVE ACCOUNT) Sim Card run a few apps like twittter, Youtube, Facebook, Flixter, Mail, Safari, programs that need Push, then do you jailbreak and you should have things working.

    Anyone Please Correct me if i am wrong?
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 2010-10-27 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

  12. #92
    Would this also help to get free edge? Thanks!

  13. #93
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by golfing7861 View Post
    Would this also help to get free edge? Thanks!
    Not sure, i am paying for my plan,
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnycoop121 View Post
    Did you happen to Un-Zip/Extract the files?

    The single file alone is not the carrier patch, it is a compressed file contaioning sveral files you need to unzip the file the files located in that zip file.

    did you try to un-zip/extract the files?
    I did that and now it finds the file. But when I shift-update it showed it loading but it loaded for a second then. I rebooted my phone and I don't have picture messaging at all.

    I uninstalled my iOS 4 MMS fix then did this.
    Last edited by dvn821; 2010-10-30 at 03:30 AM.
    If I helped thank me!

  15. #95
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    I did that and now it finds the file. But when I shift-update it showed it loading but it loaded for a second then. I rebooted my phone and I don't have picture messaging at all.

    I uninstalled my iOS 4 MMS fix then did this.
    If you read the instructions with the screen shots you will see that is all your gonna get.

    it only stays on the screen for less then 1 second, and you done.


    after selecting the file you want you will see a loading screen that last for less then a second then leaves



    and that is it all should be done now.

    let me know if you need anything else
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 2010-10-31 at 05:40 AM.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

  16. #96
    I have put in what you said to put in into Command Prompt and I get the error that the extensoin is not recognized: not regonized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I have tried to google some solution but none work. Any help? Thanks

  17. #97
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts

    to get picture messing going, follow these instructions.


    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/73...e-4-4-1-a.html
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnycoop121 View Post
    If you read the instructions with the screen shots you will see that is all your gonna get.

    it only stays on the screen for less then 1 second, and you done.

    Yes I know, but now I don't have picture messaging or data. The camera doesn't show in messages app. My carrier is Carrier 7.0
    If I helped thank me!

  19. #99
    You need to install the CommCenterNoSig version for iOS4, reboot, then install the carrier bundle for iOS4 via iTunes.

  20. #100
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    You need to install the CommCenterNoSig version for iOS4, reboot, then install the carrier bundle for iOS4 via iTunes.
    Here is SpookyET's link for the newer carrier bundles.

    t-mobile_us_ios4.1_1.2.0.ipcc.zip - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

    it should change you from 7.0 to 8.0 and if done corectly, it may even say T-Mobile 8.0 not just carrier 7.0 or 8.0

    here is bit more from SpookeyET's Post @ http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...g-3gs-4-a.html

    If mms is your only problem you can try an easy MMS fix.


    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/73...e-4-4-1-a.html


    also you can try this as a last resort.

    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/73...ml#post5548871

    let me know what works for you
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •