Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS losing APN settings after reboot

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 3GS losing APN settings after reboot
    Trying to setup MMS to no avail, but that's another thread for another time...

Every single time I reboot the phone, it loses all its network settings. I tried everything the sticky in this section says.

I used Supreme Preferences to be able to even get into the Cellular Data Network settings, then later tried the T-Mobile MMS 4.0 Fix as well.
    Last edited by allicatmeow; 2010-08-02 at 10:56 PM.

I am having the same problem. I have tried everything.

For the record, I haven't been able to SSH in and replace anything. Whenever I SSH in to the correct directories, the following are never found:

"com.apple.mms_override.plist"
    "com.apple.carrier.plist file"

Update:
    I've been able to get the APN to stick using the method below, but I can't get the MMS settings to stick. Does anyone have ideas?

Get the APN to stick:
    Go to unlockit.co.nz/ on your iPhone
    Click continue
    Click Custom APN
    Type your APN, leave username/password blank
    Don't mess with the drop-down box
    Click Create Custom Profile
    Safari will swap out and open settings and ask you to apply carrier settings profile
    Apply it

You're done. Your APN will stick upon reboot.
    Last edited by somethingblue; 2010-08-05 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nobody has any ideas?

I would recommend a restore, see how that works out. Also checkout the thread by me.

What kind of restore would you recommend? A complete 100% empty restore...or?

A complete restore is best, this way you know it won't be an OS issue.

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm still having the issue too guys. hang in there

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

having same issue/ any help?
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by somethingblue View Post
    For the record, I haven't been able to SSH in and replace anything. Whenever I SSH in to the correct directories, the following are never found:

"com.apple.mms_override.plist"
    "com.apple.carrier.plist file"
    FYI, the above files are located in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingblue
    Update:
    I've been able to get the APN to stick using the method below, but I can't get the MMS settings to stick. Does anyone have ideas?
    I encountered the same problems that you are encountering with APN and MMS settings getting lost with iOS 4.2.1. I discovered that you can no longer manually edit the com.apple.mms_override.plist file without it being reset upon a reboot.

I found a solution and now have two iPhones fully working, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Both running 4.2.1 with BB 05.13.04 jailbroken by PwnageTool 4.2 and unlocked by Ultrasn0w.

I have attached a PDF document HowTo Jailbreak iPhone 3GS using Custom 4.2.1 Firmware & unlock for T-Mobile USA.pdf that explains the process. Just follow the instructions in Steps 4 and ignore the rest.

I have also attached the com.apple.com.mms_override.plist file com.apple.mms_override.zip that is working on my iPhone 3GS in a zip archive.

PS. If you have installed any APN editing packages from Cydia, you may need to uninstall them.
    Last edited by reddawg; 2011-02-20 at 02:29 PM.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown