Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Access Exchange Email via T-Mobile w/o Data Plan

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Access Exchange Email via T-Mobile w/o Data Plan
    So I had my unlocked, JB iPhone 2g running on 3.1.2 up until a couple weeks ago. I had a lot of the normal JB applications including the MMS patch and SBSettings, and for some reason, although I do not have a T-Mobile data plan, I would receive new emails from my exchange server and could, without fail, compose and send emails through my exchange server, no matter where I was. I could never explain how this worked - how I could send and receive exchange emails over T-Mobile with no data plan.

If I tried the same thing with a POP email account, or tried to go on the internet, it wouldn't work unless I was in a wi-fi zone. I would always be transferred to the "data plan upsell" page.

Now fast forward to after I upgraded to 3.1.3. I restored many of the same patches and apps that I had on the old OS, but discovered my unfettered exchange access was gone. Nothing I have tried so far has restored it.

Now comes the question - does anyone know how it would be possible for this exchange access to work in the first place, and is there a T-Mobile APN server setting I can put in to restore it??

Don't know how it worked, but quit being a cheapass and pay for internet if you're gonna use it. Not like it's expensive or anything

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

quit being a comment whore, especially if you have nothing constructive to say

Thanks

Some (and I really mean some) people got a "free" loophole by entering internet2.voicestream.com...otherwise you'll have to pay
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->