Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-zone to 9.99 phone 1st web T-mobile

Default T-zone to 9.99 phone 1st web T-mobile
    I have a quick question ...

I am abou to change my plan on t-mobile.. currently on postpaid account ...with t-zone for 5.99 which i know is grandfathered ... soo my question to expert is .. f i change to new plan ... which they r making me to upgrade to 9.99... would i still be able to use my iphone internet as i was wid tzone ...

On t-zone.. my internet works fine... mms works fine .. emails come on auto and youtube works ...

so would 9.99 phone 1st web would work the same ? please help me

Thanks in Advance

Yeah you'll be fine, I'm using the $9.99 internet just perfectly with my iPhone, everything works, even tethering (at least when I was on 3.1.2) I'm still holding on for a fix for tethering on iOS 4.0
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

so did u do anything especial.. like getting some from cydia.. or anything i am on iso4.0

thats y i am askin
    i asked some ppl and they said that few ppl it was workin and for for few ppl it doesnt ??

Nah, all I had to do was put:

internet2.voicestream.com in the Cellular Data APN section.

Now as for people having problems getting it to work, it's more than likely that they are inputting the wrong APN address.

internet3.voicestream.com - $19.99 Texting (300 msgs I believe?) & Internet.

internet2.voicestream.com - $9.99 Web2Go Plan

epc.tmobile.com - $5.99 T-Zones Plan (Grandfathered, no long available.)

At least thats how I think it goes, I can definitely vouch for internet3. Since my cousin has that plan.

Now, for MMS, yes I did do something. I did what fernandorinto posted. (It's stickied) and that made MMS work perfectly for me. I just had to add a few extra settings afterwards, but no hassle, I can send/receive without a problem.

It's just tethering I'm wondering about now. Not sure if something is available yet.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaiV3R View Post
    Nah, all I had to do was put:

internet2.voicestream.com in the Cellular Data APN section.

Now as for people having problems getting it to work, it's more than likely that they are inputting the wrong APN address.

internet3.voicestream.com - $19.99 Texting (300 msgs I believe?) & Internet.

internet2.voicestream.com - $9.99 Web2Go Plan

epc.tmobile.com - $5.99 T-Zones Plan (Grandfathered, no long available.)

At least thats how I think it goes, I can definitely vouch for internet3. Since my cousin has that plan.

Now, for MMS, yes I did do something. I did what fernandorinto posted. (It's stickied) and that made MMS work perfectly for me. I just had to add a few extra settings afterwards, but no hassle, I can send/receive without a problem.

It's just tethering I'm wondering about now. Not sure if something is available yet.
    The $19.99 is for unlimited data and unlimited text, and uses the same APN (internet2). epc.tmobile is the new "global" APN for most data plans other than web2go and sidekick.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

quick question on this...I have an iphone and when I called t-mobile, they knew this. I also have a Nokia 5230. If I get the web2go 9.99 plan for the Nokia and then swap the sim card, cant they in theory know I swap to a smart phone and ding me for the difference.

So all u r saying that it should work with 9.99 phone 2st web ? ... with ape internet2.voicestream.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by masanz1 View Post
    quick question on this...I have an iphone and when I called t-mobile, they knew this. I also have a Nokia 5230. If I get the web2go 9.99 plan for the Nokia and then swap the sim card, cant they in theory know I swap to a smart phone and ding me for the difference.
    They see your IMEI whenever you call, so yes they will know. Which is why I recommend you switch using T-mobile chat, or calling from a dumbphone.

Quote Originally Posted by chowkra View Post
    So all u r saying that it should work with 9.99 phone 2st web ? ... with ape internet2.voicestream.com
    The $9.99 plan works, yes, the APN is internet2
    Last edited by adp; 2010-07-09 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks, I went ahead and added it through mytmobile. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    They see your IMEI whenever you call, so yes they will know. Which is why I recommend you switch using T-mobile chat, or calling from a dumbphone.

The $9.99 plan works, yes, the APN is internet2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Kinda related, kinda not. I have the unlimited Android(MyTouch) data plan.

I'm using epc.tmobile.com

Should I be using that or one of these others?

Thanks

if you're on the iPhone you can switch to web2go for $9.99 since you can't get 3G anyway

12. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

uhanrodric (2010-07-11)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The downside to that, I'm currently in a contract. Though I'm not sure if that applies to my data plan. I will have to call them and find out. If I can drop down to the $9.99 I'm definitley going to do that.

what if i have the g1 and i want to get the iphone on tmobile whats the apn settings i need to change to?

Thanks

the APN for the G1 plan is epc.tmobile.com...

for $9.99 web2go its internet2.voicestream.com