Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: T-zone to 9.99 phone 1st web T-mobile

  1. #1
    Default T-zone to 9.99 phone 1st web T-mobile
    I have a quick question ...

    I am abou to change my plan on t-mobile.. currently on postpaid account ...with t-zone for 5.99 which i know is grandfathered ... soo my question to expert is .. f i change to new plan ... which they r making me to upgrade to 9.99... would i still be able to use my iphone internet as i was wid tzone ...

    On t-zone.. my internet works fine... mms works fine .. emails come on auto and youtube works ...


    so would 9.99 phone 1st web would work the same ? please help me

    Thanks in Advance

  2. #2
    Yeah you'll be fine, I'm using the $9.99 internet just perfectly with my iPhone, everything works, even tethering (at least when I was on 3.1.2) I'm still holding on for a fix for tethering on iOS 4.0
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

  3. #3
    so did u do anything especial.. like getting some from cydia.. or anything i am on iso4.0

    thats y i am askin
    i asked some ppl and they said that few ppl it was workin and for for few ppl it doesnt ??

  4. #4
    Nah, all I had to do was put:

    internet2.voicestream.com in the Cellular Data APN section.

    Now as for people having problems getting it to work, it's more than likely that they are inputting the wrong APN address.

    internet3.voicestream.com - $19.99 Texting (300 msgs I believe?) & Internet.

    internet2.voicestream.com - $9.99 Web2Go Plan

    epc.tmobile.com - $5.99 T-Zones Plan (Grandfathered, no long available.)

    At least thats how I think it goes, I can definitely vouch for internet3. Since my cousin has that plan.

    Now, for MMS, yes I did do something. I did what fernandorinto posted. (It's stickied) and that made MMS work perfectly for me. I just had to add a few extra settings afterwards, but no hassle, I can send/receive without a problem.

    It's just tethering I'm wondering about now. Not sure if something is available yet.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiV3R View Post
    Nah, all I had to do was put:

    internet2.voicestream.com in the Cellular Data APN section.

    Now as for people having problems getting it to work, it's more than likely that they are inputting the wrong APN address.

    internet3.voicestream.com - $19.99 Texting (300 msgs I believe?) & Internet.

    internet2.voicestream.com - $9.99 Web2Go Plan

    epc.tmobile.com - $5.99 T-Zones Plan (Grandfathered, no long available.)

    At least thats how I think it goes, I can definitely vouch for internet3. Since my cousin has that plan.

    Now, for MMS, yes I did do something. I did what fernandorinto posted. (It's stickied) and that made MMS work perfectly for me. I just had to add a few extra settings afterwards, but no hassle, I can send/receive without a problem.

    It's just tethering I'm wondering about now. Not sure if something is available yet.
    The $19.99 is for unlimited data and unlimited text, and uses the same APN (internet2). epc.tmobile is the new "global" APN for most data plans other than web2go and sidekick.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

  6. #6
    quick question on this...I have an iphone and when I called t-mobile, they knew this. I also have a Nokia 5230. If I get the web2go 9.99 plan for the Nokia and then swap the sim card, cant they in theory know I swap to a smart phone and ding me for the difference.

  7. #7
    So all u r saying that it should work with 9.99 phone 2st web ? ... with ape internet2.voicestream.com

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by masanz1 View Post
    quick question on this...I have an iphone and when I called t-mobile, they knew this. I also have a Nokia 5230. If I get the web2go 9.99 plan for the Nokia and then swap the sim card, cant they in theory know I swap to a smart phone and ding me for the difference.
    They see your IMEI whenever you call, so yes they will know. Which is why I recommend you switch using T-mobile chat, or calling from a dumbphone.

    Quote Originally Posted by chowkra View Post
    So all u r saying that it should work with 9.99 phone 2st web ? ... with ape internet2.voicestream.com
    The $9.99 plan works, yes, the APN is internet2
    Last edited by adp; 2010-07-09 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

  9. #9
    Thanks, I went ahead and added it through mytmobile. So far so good.



    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    They see your IMEI whenever you call, so yes they will know. Which is why I recommend you switch using T-mobile chat, or calling from a dumbphone.



    The $9.99 plan works, yes, the APN is internet2

  10. #10
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Kinda related, kinda not. I have the unlimited Android(MyTouch) data plan.

    I'm using epc.tmobile.com

    Should I be using that or one of these others?

  11. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    if you're on the iPhone you can switch to web2go for $9.99 since you can't get 3G anyway
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

    uhanrodric (2010-07-11)

  13. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    The downside to that, I'm currently in a contract. Though I'm not sure if that applies to my data plan. I will have to call them and find out. If I can drop down to the $9.99 I'm definitley going to do that.

  14. #13
    what if i have the g1 and i want to get the iphone on tmobile whats the apn settings i need to change to?

  15. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    the APN for the G1 plan is epc.tmobile.com...

    for $9.99 web2go its internet2.voicestream.com
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •