Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DaTa options for prepaid plan

Default DaTa options for prepaid plan
    I unlocked an iPhone 3G and my dad is using it on tmobile using a prepaid card and only getting data via wifi. What are options to tap into tmobile data plan while remaining on prepaid voice? I'd like to know all options but am obviously most interested in cheapest. Thanks in advance!

Thanks

The only option you have is getting the sidekick plan and using a proxy for data. Some say it works but I've heard lots of people complaining that it doesn't. Some proxy websites also charge you $1/day of usage.

The rest of the data plans required a $29 minimum voice plan. The cheapest data plan in that area is web2go, unlimited for $10
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    The only option you have is getting the sidekick plan and using a proxy for data. Some say it works but I've heard lots of people complaining that it doesn't. Some proxy websites also charge you $1/day of usage.

The rest of the data plans required a $29 minimum voice plan. The cheapest data plan in that area is web2go, unlimited for $10
    how they doin that sidekick thing? b.c i just bought it today.. and i haev no clue how to set it up

Thanks

Sorry I haven't done the sidekick plan thing but if you search the forum you'll get many threads on it. It's through some proxy you enter through your phone. In some you have to pay $1/day of usage.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

kidsays (2010-07-07)

yeah i just posted the thing.. but how does proxy's work.. can u explain that to me please.. ima nooob

go here and read the directions. it is very simple. F R E E - I P H O N E * S I D E K I C K - CO - CC

I have been using it and it works great. I listen to Pandora while driving and watch youtube all the time.

i still dont understand how it works.. i just got the sidekick prepaid plan thinkin i can use it on the iphone and ti doesnt work?

ok here is what it is. the iphone needs to have the APN hiptop.t-mobile.com and username guest pw guest in the network settings for Sidekick plans. if you put this in you will notice that mail will be able to send and recieve mail but cannot pull any sites and apps cannot load data from the net. This is because Danger is using different proxys that are setup now for The sidekicks and are optimized for the sidekicks. The only way around this is to use a different proxy that can load the data. squid does this for you from a PC you have setup in your home. If you download the rar file from the site on step 2 and extract to c:\Squid then double click the Install.bat file it is installed and ready without doing anything else. at that point just open your firewall and router for it to work as the instructions say. Then you create a profile that tells your iphone to use the proxy as the pictures and instructions say on the site and then email it to your phone and install it. very simple really. give it a try. other than that you will not be able to use data cheaply on the pay as you go plan you would have to switch to a flex plan or contract according to tmobile.
    Last edited by antman1; 2010-07-07 at 06:04 AM.

thanks i'll deff give it a try