Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-mobile MMS on 3GS and iOS4

Default T-mobile MMS on 3GS and iOS4
    It seems like I'm able to send, but not receive. I tired that MMS fix sticked above and nothing seems to work. The only way I was able to get my APN open was with supreme preferences 3.0

Thanks.

That's currently the only fix. Not a lot to suggest besides making sure you follow the steps exactly on the MMS fix post. Find the plist - edit the plist - replace with the new plist - unplug from USB if you're using diskaid or iphoneexplorer - reboot the phone - done. It will populate every field for you in the cellular data network settings. If the APNs don't fill in, they're just epc.tmobile.com

Beyond that, if you're having problems with the cell data network options not being present, I'd suggest rejailbreaking with the newest redsn0w beta, or unlocking with ultrasn0w. The sinfuliphone repo also has the plist fix in a package so you don't actually have to do any editing. I'd suggest that, if you don't know what you're doing.

I have 3GS using 4.0 I got that way from spirit2pwn and then used pwnage 4.01 to make a custom firmware. Then I upgraded to 4.0 in itunes 9.2 and then installed ultrasn0w because I'm on tmobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan3GS View Post
    I have 3GS using 4.0 I got that way from spirit2pwn and then used pwnage 4.01 to make a custom firmware. Then I upgraded to 4.0 in itunes 9.2 and then installed ultrasn0w because I'm on tmobile.
    New bootrom then? I'll take the backseat. I know nothing about working with the new bootrom. Someone else should be able to help. Though I do know the spirit2pwn did have some sketchy stuff going on with it. Something about it not being an official release, and the dev using a well known coder's name. Let me dig up the story.

http://mygadgetnews.com/2010/07/04/spirit2pwn-iphone-jailbreak-patch-works-but-deemed-fake/

No I'm on the old bootrom. I guess the only thing with S2Pwn is it was using apples code.