Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 3G OS4.0 T-Mobile MMS poor picture message qaulity

  1. #1
    Default 3G OS4.0 T-Mobile MMS poor picture message qaulity
    Any one else experiencing poor quality MMS picture messaging?

  2. #2
    Yes. It's the newest issue, for me. Everything was working completely fine with the MMS override plist fix. But just yesterday, I received a picture msg that was compressed and blurry. I figured maybe it was just the picture. So I sent myself a few pictures and they all had the same result. Tried changing APNs, editing the plist, etc. Nothing has worked. No idea how to fix it. I'm on a 3GS, but since you're on a 3G the newest redsn0w beta supposedly fixes SOME of the MMS issues. Specifically, those related to APN signing issues. You can run it on your phone and just deselect "Install Cydia". I'd try that. I'm just screwed for now as none of the jailbreaks for 3GS have addressed this issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    Latest Redsn0w fixes the APN / MMS issues. Make sure you jailbreak with the latest Redsn0w v0.9.5b5-5 and download Spooky's latest T-Mobile IPCC file.
    fyi
    Last edited by n1c3jack3t; 2010-07-03 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. #3
    yes! just just noticed this, out of the blue. blurry pics received, confirmed by sending to myself. have not changed any settings since it was working great

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    This was corrected by the carrier bundles, which don't yet work on 4.0
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    This was corrected by the carrier bundles, which don't yet work on 4.0
    anyway to ssh the bundle into the phone or edit a file using the bundles settings?

    also, why all of a sudden blurry pics? was working great till today with every other mms fix solution for ios4

  6. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    No, you can't SSH. But I haven't been following SpookyET's sticky thread on the T-mobile Forum, so you can check it out to see if it can be used on 4.0 yet.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

  7. #7
    Just a heads up to everyone - this fixed itself. It was a problem with T-Mobile's network that lasted about a day. Go through the plist fix again and all is well!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t View Post
    Just a heads up to everyone - this fixed itself. It was a problem with T-Mobile's network that lasted about a day. Go through the plist fix again and all is well!
    i don't think it was a problem with t-mobile's network, but going throught the plist fix again does in fact fix it. guessing it's something that's going to reoccur until we can load ipcc's

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by iTphone View Post
    i don't think it was a problem with t-mobile's network, but going throught the plist fix again does in fact fix it. guessing it's something that's going to reoccur until we can load ipcc's
    Negative. It's confirmed in Spooky's thread that it was indeed a T-Mobile network problem that lasted less than a day. Trust me. I re-applied the plist fix about 10 times trying to get the resolution to correct itself.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t View Post
    Negative. It's confirmed in Spooky's thread that it was indeed a T-Mobile network problem that lasted less than a day. Trust me. I re-applied the plist fix about 10 times trying to get the resolution to correct itself.
    i'll blame coincidence for my previous statement then haha. thanks for the clear up.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by iTphone View Post
    i'll blame coincidence for my previous statement then haha. thanks for the clear up.
    Haha it's all good man. The funny part is I rarely even receive picture messages. But the fact that it wasn't working correctly was enough for me to spend way too much time on it.

  12. #12
    Can some one link me to spookys thread? I'm not getting it to work. I can send, but not receive.

  13. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •