Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphonesidekick.co.cc question

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iphonesidekick.co.cc question
    Anyone have any idea what happened to the proxy service they offered? It's like they disappeared, even their site is down.

Is there a similar service out there?

I use this F R E E - I P H O N E * S I D E K I C K - CO - CC and it works great. I run 3 iPhones off my free proxy server I setup. And it works with the trick to get free Internet on sidekick for the iPhone so my son is using free Internet on his iPhone using this too. I can't thank the author of this site more

Thanks

I tried that but couldn't get Squid to work, kept getting a "system error 1067" message about 1/2 way into it trying to start. Any tips on how to get it to go?

Oh yeah I forgot about that. One thing the directions are missing is that before you can start the service you need to create the folders so you need to go the the directory that has squid.exe and type squid -z

Thanks

Awesome, that finally got squid to work.

Gonna try the rest of it out soon, hopefully it will work for me too!

Hmm, not working yet. I used the sample config file from the website, but am I supposed to put my IP address in that file? If so, where, there is a lot of info in there and am not sure where.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by digitalreflex; 2010-07-04 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No you have to open the port from your router to the pc using Squid. The config is ready as is.

Thanks

I thought I did that. I will try it again.

The tutorial on that site is kinda hard to follow for a nob at this stuff. Are their any better ones out there???

Thanks

Not sure why it's still not working.
    I am using a linksys router, went to Port Forward Range:
    - entered iphone for APP
    - entered 3128 for Start and End
    - using Both for protocol
    - for IP address, entered the ending for this PC which is running Squid

still no dice...

At Kroger right now checking out using my proxy. I would say it my be a prob with your config you sent to your phone that you had to setup. Make sure I is using the correct won settings on it as well when you create the profile and send to you phone.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to antman1 For This Useful Post:

digitalreflex (2010-07-04)

Thanks

Resent the config file and rebooted. It's working now! Thanks antman

No problem. Glad I could help others. Now I just wish I could figure out how to get it to work with textfree.

What squid version do you
    Guy's use

Thanks

I'm using version 2.7 stable.

Spoke too soon Ant... I can check my email but web sites aren't loading. Any ideas?

Ok, this is odd.
    I can check my email just fine.
    None of the apps seem to work with accessing the net.
    Using Safari, google main page loads up, but no other page seems to.
    However, if I use the Opera app, I can access anything.
    Last edited by digitalreflex; 2010-07-04 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok to make sure we are all on the same page with squid and to help all those that have a hard time installing I made Install and Uninstall batch files to execute the commands automatically for all you you and put the config file from Free sidekick plan website in it so all you have to do is extract the files from the rar file to "C:\Squid" The go to the squid Directory and double click "install.bat" and it will do it all for you. If you ever want squid not to start as a service or to remove it double click uninstall and it will remove it. Here is the link for this and if it works out I may start another thread with this in it to clean it up.
    Squid 2.7 Stable version with TMobile Config

Ok as as far as it not working for you digitalreflex, I believe I heard that Opera works off its own proxy so that could be why it is going but your proxy you setup is not working. you can confirm in Opera by going to this website "http://www.whatsmyip.org/" if it shows the same IP as your home PC then it is working. If not then it isnt. It sounds like if everything is right it may be your router blocking it still or the windows Firewall or some other firewall app. Look and check for any firewalls that can block it and see. Basically go back over everything again making 100percent sure the iphone can talk to the PC Proxy Server. Firewalls can be a pain.
    Last edited by antman1; 2010-07-07 at 04:25 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to antman1 For This Useful Post:

kripter (2010-07-05)

Thanks

You were right, checked the IP in Opera and it is a proxy.
    Took your advice and went over everything and NOW it is working (yes I mean it this time). In Win7 I went to the Windows Firewall and added squid to it as an exception. Opened up Safari and queried my IP and it shows what it should be.

Thanks for taking the time to help out!

Great! Glad ya got it going. Also to correct what I said about youtube, it does in fact work with this because I tested it again and it is up and working from my proxy. Apparently might have been a signal issue or something that day and it freaked out. If anyone else has success with those files I posted for squid please post back with your success so we can confirm everything works great.

Thanks

Writing this on safari on the road (wife driving). YouTube app didn't start though. Will try again soon.

Still can't get squid to start on both my xp computers I use your squid-tmobile and I still get
    Error 1067 don't no what to do from here

Describe the steps you are taking to install it and also tell us what operating system you are using?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast