Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no data

Default no data
    hey i just buyed a iphone and i jailbroked it and have it unlcoked. useing tmobile. But i dont have data plan and i DONT WANT ONE. i been looking around the web and cant find how to disable edge so when ever i get of wifi it wont charge me . bc every time i check my usage in sentting my download goes up. and i dont want tmobile to charge me for that.

Thanks

You won't get charged if you don't have a data plan. But if you want to disable edge anyway, download SBSettings from Cydia and turn it off from there
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

ok i did that turned it off but still got the E by my tmobile on top and if i go on safari and use internet. it show in usage that i download mb

Thanks

The E will show regardless, no matter what you do. It's just to show you the type of connection you're in (used for voice as well)

yea the E is for Edge ?

Thanks

Yea, but just because you have an EDGE connection doesn't mean you will get EDGE data.

ok just makeing sure bc i dont want them do charge me and ****** pay all that money