Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tmobie and 3g

Default Tmobie and 3g
    So i have a 3gs with 3.1.3. I recently jailbroke and unlocked. I was using the internet just fine and I noticed that my 3g option was still on. My internet seems alot fast could i be on 3g tmobile? My MMS is working perfect. I did notice that when i added my data plan i told tmbobile i had a iphone and they gave me the 30$ data plan and said it woould work so, i was just wondering.

Any ideas

no your not on 3g, you probably just have full service, which is pretty snappy.

Theres no need to have the 30$ smart phone plan, the 10$ web2go works just as well
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

1) There's absolutely no way for you to get 3G on T-mobile

2) The data plan they gave you is for smartphones which are officially supported by T-mobile. So others really do get 3G with that, making the $30 worth paying. Since the iPhone doesn't fall into that category, you are over-paying. You are getting the same data speeds as anyone who has the $10 web2go unlimited data for "Other Phones."
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

thats what i thought, but it does seem alot faster than what i had a couple of weeks ago. I had called into make a change and they took my data off completly. Then i called back and they asked which phone i had. Either way it seems alot faster and my MMS works great with video and pics.strange i guess

Thanks

Download a speedtest app and let us know what you're getting
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

I had been paying $30/month like a sucker for the last 8 months with my iPhone on Tmobile. I contacted them thru chat and got them to change my data plan to the $10 plan. I told them my iPhone broke and my new phone is a Samsung Katalyst (ie. not smart phone) They put me on something called Web Phone First or something like that which is the data plan compatible with the samsung, but same thing as web2go.

So thanks to this forum and I suggest you do the same!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

:P placebo

I once convinced myself as well. Ive overcome that now lol.