Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help unlocking iphone 3g for T-mobile

Default Need help unlocking iphone 3g for T-mobile
    So I successfully used Pwnage Tool 3.1.5 to jailbreak/unlock a friend's iphone 3g he had acquired. It appears to have been successful but when we put his simcard in it won't read it. I also took my sim card out of my jailbroken iphone 2g and put it in the 3g and it had the same problem. I've tried installing 3.1, 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 and its the same with all of them. If anyone has had this same problem and/or could offer some advice it would be much appreciated.

Upgrade to 4.0, jailbreak with redsn0w then use Ultrasn0w in cydia to unlock the phone to accept the tmobile sim.

K I will try that, thanks! Also, would that work for a 3GS? I bought one to replace my 2g and have been unable to unlock it as it already has 4.0 on it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by im0nlysleeping View Post
    K I will try that, thanks! Also, would that work for a 3GS? I bought one to replace my 2g and have been unable to unlock it as it already has 4.0 on it.
    if it has never been jailbroken, you cannot at this time.

Ultrasn0w worked great for my friend's 3g, guess I will have to wait on the 3gs. Thanks for the advice!

sht dont work i jsut get no service

Quote Originally Posted by ozarka View Post
    sht dont work i jsut get no service
    Turn 3G off. It'll work.

Which version of redsnow did you use to jailbreak? I remember seeing in a few threads that certain versions wont work if you try to unlock it.

is there an easy way to go back to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 and then jailbreak and unlock? I have a 3gs on 4.0 and unfortunatly do not have the old OS files to go back. I have tried to download the older OS without much luck. Sorry guys I am a Iphone newbie

Quote Originally Posted by FirstStateCamber View Post
    is there an easy way to go back to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 and then jailbreak and unlock? I have a 3gs on 4.0 and unfortunatly do not have the old OS files to go back. I have tried to download the older OS without much luck. Sorry guys I am a Iphone newbie
    Was it previously jailbroken, and are your SHSHs on file for 3.1.3? If not, you're stuck on 4.0.

It was not jailbroken. I assuem it will be a matter of time till this can be done??? Isn't there a way to downgrade to the 3.1.3 or 2 evenif I dont have the SHSH's files? Or are they encoded to each phone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FirstStateCamber View Post
    It was not jailbroken. I assuem it will be a matter of time till this can be done??? Isn't there a way to downgrade to the 3.1.3 or 2 evenif I dont have the SHSH's files? Or are they encoded to each phone?
    No, you cannot downgrade. The jailbreak for your device is on the works (see front page) but the release date is unknown. Should be sooner than later though.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

anyone know how i can enable my cellular data network with the iphone 3g??

Use the latest redsn0w (beta 5)