Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with internet tethering

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Help with internet tethering
    my 3gs runs os 3.0 and I try to install the internet tethering, but after installed I check from the Cellular Network there is no option of internet tethering for me to turn on. please he,p me how to make it work. I do need this feature sometime I can use my laptop thru it to log in the internet.

thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Use MyWi from Cydia. If you're not jailbroken, you should MyWi is amazing wireless tethering.

Is there a fee for mywi internet tethering? I jailbroke (jailbreaked?) my phone yesterday and found MyWi, but then it looked like it said there was a $10 fee or something like that.

Also, what are the chances that AT&T finds out I'm tethering? I'd hate to be surprised with a $30 charge on my bill...especially since I'd only use tethering maybe once a month.

*EDIT: BTW, I just found out I was on the T-Mobile forum. I found this thread through the search feature and wasn't paying attention to the particular forum. I'm obviously using AT&T.
    Last edited by AUZambo; 2010-07-11 at 02:17 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Jailbreak and buy mywi it works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by vietkool View Post
    my 3gs runs os 3.0 and I try to install the internet tethering, but after installed I check from the Cellular Network there is no option of internet tethering for me to turn on. please he,p me how to make it work. I do need this feature sometime I can use my laptop thru it to log in the internet.

thanks
    theres two things you can do since your running 3.0 you should be able to just go on safari go to help.BenM.at | BENM.AT
    or if you have a jailbroken iphone and have cydia enter this in your sources SiNfuL iPhone Repo then theres a cracked version of mywi
    i hoped this helped