Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 on T-Mobile Micro sim problem?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 on T-Mobile Micro sim problem?
    ok So I have the new iPhone 4 its cool or whatever.

I took out the micro sim which was a pain in the *** thing feels like its glued.

took out all the Sim cards I own to compare and I might have found a problem for those looking to possibly use the new iPhone on T-Mobile.

I don't know the technical name for it but the "gold" on the SIM cards are a whole lot bigger than the AT&T Micro SIM card.

I know you can easily trim the plastic parts but isn't the gold what makes the SIM card work? If you where to trim it to fit it would just be a gold micro sim card and I am not sure if that would work.

If someone has modded a SIM to fit the iPad please post on how you did it and where to cut as I am utterly confused.

Thanks sorry If this isn't very understandable.

Yeah just trim your tmobile sim the exact size of the new iPhone 4 microsim

It'll still be ok. That's just they way the company manufactures it. By cutting the plastic, it'll work just like the others.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Odd, won't it cause problems like OP stated since the "gold area" would be cut? It's so much bigger than the AT&T MicroSIM...

Thanks

According to one user he had problems by cutting in to the gold area. I'm not sure how far in to the gold plating he cut though.

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/71...ml#post5338289
    If I helped at all, hit thanks! ------------>

iPhone 4, you will soon be mine.

I used the method from the video on Engadget, by lining up the main parts in the middle. I did have to cut into the gold, just a hair, so I hope it doesn't mess up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    I used the method from the video on Engadget, by lining up the main parts in the middle. I did have to cut into the gold, just a hair, so I hope it doesn't mess up.
    I saw that video as well. I thought I've read elsewhere that cutting in to the gold a little would be ok, so maybe it's a fine line on how much is cut. Let us know how things turn out for you kmmxracer.
    If I helped at all, hit thanks! ------------>

iPhone 4, you will soon be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by JEsTer10 View Post
    I saw that video as well. I thought I've read elsewhere that cutting in to the gold a little would be ok, so maybe it's a fine line on how much is cut. Let us know how things turn out for you kmmxracer.
    For sure, will do. Hope to have an answer soon
    Here is what I'm working with:
    Last edited by kmmxracer; 2010-07-13 at 04:59 AM.

Hi, I cut the gold part too and it works well with Iphone 4.
    I am in India and my service provider has bigger gold part than others but cutting it carefull will create no problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a tool that cuts the sim to perfect micron sim size, love it, and reccomend picking on up, I think I paid like 10 usd
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

if anyone wants a template to cut their sim to, there's one at How to make your own MicroSIM card : Buy MicroSIM Adapter, with free international shipping! . i guess they make their money by selling microsim adapters to put your cut SIM back into. i just tape mine into the shell of the old miniSIM.

Last edited by eserfeliz; 2010-07-13 at 01:46 PM. Reason: included pictures

12. The Following User Says Thank You to eserfeliz For This Useful Post:

Ikemann888 (2010-08-05)