Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS4 missing cellular data network tab FIX*

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iOS4 missing cellular data network tab FIX*
    1. Open cydia and install winterboard
    2. add source: http://cydia.xsellize dot com

3. Search Supreme Preferences 3.0 and install
    4. Open winterboard
    5. check it off the supreme preference tab and respring
    6. Then go to settings
    7. click supreme preferences tab and go to applications, than go to phone.
    8. Cellular data tab: On
    9. Click home, than settings
    10. General, network, and it should be their.
    Last edited by pavelkolp; 2010-06-26 at 11:46 PM.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to pavelkolp For This Useful Post:

ACSS (2010-08-21), ama2and2 (2010-10-17), AMTK62 (2010-08-02), Bat Phone (2010-08-04), bluesubtonic (2010-06-28), Buntha (2010-10-04), crina_06 (2010-06-27), davemsu (2010-06-29), phreakwenci (2010-06-30), raizer (2010-06-27), RDL (2010-07-05), sumguy44 (2010-07-01), TheiPhone911 (2010-06-27), thunderwolf333 (2010-06-30)

worked on my dad's 3G that was having the issue. Thanks!

After upgrading to ios 4 on my 3GS, my cellular network tab was still there. But when I downloaded the "legacy" package, it made the tab disappear. I tried everything, but the only thing that seemed to work was deleting the legacy package. Then reset network settings, and reboot. After that it came back. In my search to get my mms workin on Tmobile, I have downloaded numerous different packages that people say will get my mms working, but each one has made my cellular data network tab disappear. I had to delete each package and reset network settings and reboot each time. Then I just manually input these settings in the mms settings, and everything has worked great.

Cellular Data

Apn: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

Mms

Apn: epc.tmobile.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mmracing1981 For This Useful Post:

bluesubtonic (2010-06-28), RDL (2010-07-05), thunderwolf333 (2010-06-30)

Quote Originally Posted by mmracing1981 View Post
    After upgrading to ios 4 on my 3GS, my cellular network tab was still there. But when I downloaded the "legacy" package, it made the tab disappear. I tried everything, but the only thing that seemed to work was deleting the legacy package. Then reset network settings, and reboot. After that it came back. In my search to get my mms workin on Tmobile, I have downloaded numerous different packages that people say will get my mms working, but each one has made my cellular data network tab disappear. I had to delete each package and reset network settings and reboot each time. Then I just manually input these settings in the mms settings, and everything has worked great.

Cellular Data

Apn: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

Mms

Apn: epc.tmobile.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    if you guy's are still having trouble's look up this thread

it seriously works! and for those having troubles with the missing cellular network tab settings. just get ahold/borrow of an AT&T sim and it doesn't have to be service and activate your iPhones the right way so you get the cellular network tab in your settings.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alveezy For This Useful Post:

RDL (2010-07-05)

for those having troubles with the missing cellular network tab settings. just get ahold/borrow of an AT&T sim and it doesn't have to be service and activate your iPhones the right way so you get the cellular network tab in your settings.
    how exactly do you activate the right way? i presumed i did it right with an att sim card, phone said "activated" after unlocking but i still am missing the tab to edit settings

I tried installing Supreme Preferences 3.0, but two connections timed out and it won't show in Winterboard. I've been at this for days and really confused. Please help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

FINALLY this worked for me thanks a lot

Yes Just wanted to thankyou . It worked for me 2

Thanks, guys! It finally works!

P.S.

I don't know if this is true for everyone else, but you can skip the step with installing Winterboard before you install Supreme Preferences 3.0, because it installed Winterboard automatically. I'm thinking that's why Supreme Preferences wasn't loading properly after I had Winterboard installed first.

You can also uninstall winterboard and supreme preferences if you dont want them on your phone (like me) after you get the network tab and it'll remain there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you!!!!

I was able to get this working using supreme preferences, but every time i reboot the settings revert to blanks

It wont even let me add the source it always freezes at the "Validating URL" section...?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yeah it resets the setting but you can put in a apn for internet like wap.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com and just use withour rebooting but then you cant send mms just hang on guy somebody will figure this out the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by KickHead View Post
    It wont even let me add the source it always freezes at the "Validating URL" section...?
    I think xsellize is down at the moment.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to EricJD For This Useful Post:

thunderwolf333 (2010-06-30)

I think you can also download it from this repository: repo.icausefx.com

Thanks for this, got it done yesterday, been rocking ever since. awesomeness.
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.

Yeah im having the same issue, wont get past verifying url

I also can not get the xsellize repo working or icausefx repo. Any one know of another repo that has supreem preferences on it??

Try the repo. Blackstone Repository - MyRepoSpace.com
    Last edited by kmmxracer; 2010-06-30 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

xsellize is back up now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast