Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Correct MMS settings 3g 4.0. SEND AND RECEIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Raheel View Post
    How are you guys able to get into Cellular Data Settings Tab? There is no where to put MMS and etc for me, I jailbroke 6 iPhones, with Redsnow the new version redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-5, and unlocked with Ultrasn0w, and I havent still figured out a way to get the tab to show up, I have tried numberous repos and different websites to visit on safari to make it download a tethering profile, I dont know but iOS 4.0 Jailbroken is not showing any tab to put wap and mms settings and etc.. does anyone have a fix, I hear lots of people are having the same problem.

I Dont see this option for Cellular Data Network

omg me too! I am so glad I am not the only person.

My phone is the white 16gb 3G Iphone with 05.13.04 firmware.
    Jailbroken with redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-4
    Unlock with ultrasn0w
    Carrier: T-Mobile with unlimited SMS&MMS

I have been having many issues ever since the update. I tried all sources for the MMS Fix and still no blue arrow for Cellular Data Network;"Youtube Cannot Connect"; and I will get either No Service or "No Sim Card". I try to reboot my phone several times and sometimes it cam detect my sim card or sometimes give me service.

Any help? Sorry if it seems like a repost, I am new here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  
    Last edited by pimpsterritard; 2010-07-15 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Jailbreak with redsn0w b5-5, not the one you have
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Jailbreak with redsn0w b5-5, not the one you have
    OMG I tried to restore my iPhone 4.0 ios and jailbreak it with redsn0w b5-5 and then Apple said it cannot restore and then locked me out! What do I do?!

Quote Originally Posted by pimpsterritard View Post
    omg i tried to restore my iphone 4.0 ios and jailbreak it with redsn0w b5-5 and then apple said it cannot restore and then locked me out! What do i do?!
    it worked!! Thanks so much!! :d
    Last edited by pimpsterritard; 2010-07-15 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have a an iphone 3g 16 gb running on firmware 4.0.1
    this is what i did to get it to work first i put these settings

MMS settings
    APN:epc.tmobile.com
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

after i went to cydia and added this

it rebooted my iphone i went back to my mms setting put the setting back again and mms worked (sometimes it doesnt erase ur mms setting ). u may have to reboot again after putting it a second time .

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 818southsider For This Useful Post:

chasev2 (2010-08-02), LorryMarie (2010-07-24)

Default Tmobile Iphone 3g ios4 text messages out of order and broken up
    Quote Originally Posted by lepetitmort84 View Post
    Hey guys,

Here are the MMS settings to work on 3g 4.0.

Cellular Data: internet2.voicestream.com

MMS
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080

Remember to reboot your phone, shut off, turn back on. IT WILL WORK!
    HELP-TMOBILE TEXTS OUT OF ORDER AND BROKEN UP!

I have looked all over the web and can NOT find anything about broken texts. I'm currently running on Tmobile Iphone 3g Jailbroken and unlocked ios4 with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5, unlocked with Ultrasnow, iphone1,24.08A293_Restore IPSW. Only text messages that come from AT&T are broken and out of order. So say the text I'm receiving is a long paragraph. It might get broken into 2-10 sentences PER string and each string will come in out of order. Now imagine piecing together 10 different strings of bubbles that are all out of order. I don't get this from other users of different carriers. I have 3 friends on AT&T that text me. Two out of the 3 AT&T users, this has always happened whereas any other texts from any other carrier is fine. I also experienced this exact same problem on an Iphone 2G fw 2.1.2 jailbroken with Pawnage on AT&T and from the same AT&T user that was texting me. So although it was a different phone and different firmware and different carriers, I was still receiving texts out of order. Also sometimes the word count is still small about maybe two sentences and it still get's broken up into many different strings breaking single words apart and continuing on the next string... and of course the strings are out of order. I also get double texts of the same texts from these same users. One weird thing is that if I received the mms or text from them, I will receive the exact same ones about 4 hours later. This has been going on for years now.

example:
    me: Hey how are you doing?
    him: Fine and you? I'm running around doing errands because I have a deadline to meet and stuck in so much traffic it's ridiculous. Maybe you can help me run errands if you are in my area and drive me to the airport if you're not busy?

example of broken texts coming in on my end(each line is a separate bubble):
    Him:s if you are in my area and drive me to the
    s
    ing errands because I have a deadline to meet and s
    Maybe you can help me run errand
    o much traffic it's ridiculous.
    Fine and you? I'm running around do
    airport if you're not busy?

I've installed Sinfuls Tmobile text message bundle for Tmobile 3g ios4.

Settings:
    Cellular Data
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com

MMS
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC:http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Max Message Size 1048576
    MMS UA Prof UrL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

NOTE: THESE ARE THE ONLY SETTINGS THAT SEEM TO WORK. I've tried all others as well and can't send and or receive pic messages or resolution too high on pics.

Thanks much for the help as I'm sure no one who has this problem has found any relief online.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lepetitmort84 View Post
    Hey guys,

Here are the MMS settings to work on 3g 4.0.

Cellular Data: internet2.voicestream.com

MMS
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080

Remember to reboot your phone, shut off, turn back on. IT WILL WORK!
    I tried this and was able to enter it all and reboot my phone but I still get the error message about media content excluded from MMS due to resolution or size.

Should I enter anything into the "MMS Max Message Size" field?

Should 3G be enabled? I had to disable when I was unlocking the iphone.

My iPhone: 3G; 8gb; 4.0 version; 05.13.04 modem

Problem is resolved!
    I needed to install the T-Mobile MMS fix for 4.0 in Cydia
    Last edited by LorryMarie; 2010-07-24 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Problem resolved

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sherrieblossom View Post
    HELP-TMOBILE TEXTS OUT OF ORDER AND BROKEN UP!

I have looked all over the web and can NOT find anything about broken texts. I'm currently running on Tmobile Iphone 3g Jailbroken and unlocked ios4 with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5, unlocked with Ultrasnow, iphone1,24.08A293_Restore IPSW. Only text messages that come from AT&T are broken and out of order. So say the text I'm receiving is a long paragraph. It might get broken into 2-10 sentences PER string and each string will come in out of order. Now imagine piecing together 10 different strings of bubbles that are all out of order. I don't get this from other users of different carriers. I have 3 friends on AT&T that text me. Two out of the 3 AT&T users, this has always happened whereas any other texts from any other carrier is fine. I also experienced this exact same problem on an Iphone 2G fw 2.1.2 jailbroken with Pawnage on AT&T and from the same AT&T user that was texting me. So although it was a different phone and different firmware and different carriers, I was still receiving texts out of order. Also sometimes the word count is still small about maybe two sentences and it still get's broken up into many different strings breaking single words apart and continuing on the next string... and of course the strings are out of order. I also get double texts of the same texts from these same users. One weird thing is that if I received the mms or text from them, I will receive the exact same ones about 4 hours later. This has been going on for years now.

example:
    him: Fine and you? I'm running around doing errands because I have a deadline to meet and stuck in so much traffic it's ridiculous. Maybe you can help me run errands if you are in my area and drive me to the airport if you're not busy?

example of broken texts coming in on my end(each line is a separate bubble):
    Him:s if you are in my area and drive me to the
    s
    ing errands because I have a deadline to meet and s
    Maybe you can help me run errand
    o much traffic it's ridiculous.
    Fine and you? I'm running around do
    airport if you're not busy?

I've installed Sinfuls Tmobile text message bundle for Tmobile 3g ios4.

Settings:
    Cellular Data
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com

MMS
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC:http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Max Message Size 1048576
    MMS UA Prof UrL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

NOTE: THESE ARE THE ONLY SETTINGS THAT SEEM TO WORK. I've tried all others as well and can't send and or receive pic messages or resolution too high on pics.

Thanks much for the help as I'm sure no one who has this problem has found any relief online.
    I'd try restoring the phone and re jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by LorryMarie View Post
    I tried this and was able to enter it all and reboot my phone but I still get the error message about media content excluded from MMS due to resolution or size.

Should I enter anything into the "MMS Max Message Size" field?

Should 3G be enabled? I had to disable when I was unlocking the iphone.

My iPhone: 3G; 8gb; 4.0 version; 05.13.04 modem
    There's a sticky for the carrier bundles in the tmobile forums. Go there and scroll down until you see a 4.0 IPCC. Follow instructions on top

I'm on my phone - can't post link
    Last edited by adp; 2010-07-24 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 818southsider View Post
    I have a an iphone 3g 16 gb running on firmware 4.0.1
    this is what i did to get it to work first i put these settings

MMS settings
    APN:epc.tmobile.com
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

after i went to cydia and added this

it rebooted my iphone i went back to my mms setting put the setting back again and mms worked (sometimes it doesnt erase ur mms setting ). u may have to reboot again after putting it a second time .
    Yay! This worked for me!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I also had the resolution size error thing and what I did to fix it I just unistalled the tmobile ios4 mms fix and reinstalled it . Don't just put reinstall it uninstall it first then install avian otherwise it won't fix the problem

Default mms
    it work for me on 3gs 16gb os4.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried to add sinfuliphonerepo but its not wanting to add it and i keep getting a failed to load cache.. any ideas? Trying to get recieving MMS to work, i can send them fine thanks to the info above.

3G iOS4

Just wanted to thank the guys here. I got my iPhone on Tmobile a few days ago and needed to set up MMS. I can send MMS perfectly now!

I need help. I can not receive or send MMS on my TMobile Iphone. I have tried every single current MMS settings for Tmobile and NOTHING has worked.
    I have an Iphone 3G ios4.0.1 JB and Unlocked using UltraSn0w. Have tried tediously to install each setting and or Cydia fix one at a time with every available APN settings. I've used SinFul MMS Fix for Ios4, and TMobile MMS Fix from this repo: http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/
    I've also tried PushFix for Tmobile as well and still not able to receive or send MMS.

Everything was working fine until I added two apps; AnyRing and BiteSMS. I've turned off settings to use BiteSMS "as much as possible" under the settings tab and I still can't receive MMS. It says the picture resolution is too high. Even my previous settings that used to work which I've posted here several months ago doesn't work anymore. I've also removed and re-installed all the MMS fixes from Cydia one by one and yet to no avail. Also have changed Max message size to 9999999 and still didn't work.

I tried leaving the info the same and also just switching the different APN's below and they still didn't work.
    Info below was from SinFul Iphone thread
    http://www.*****************/showthread.php?t=26497

Cellular Data
    -----wap.voicestream.com
    -----internet2.voicestream.com
    (Choose the correct APN depending on what kind of account you have)

MMS
    Last edited by sherrieblossom; 2010-12-15 at 11:44 PM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12