Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Cellular Data Network" tab missing after updating to IOS4

Here is what I've gotten. Mine is a Iphone 3g. I did the update through iTune with the official ios 4.0 ipsw. I jailbreak it with the newest redsn0w(I forgot which version it was) then unlock it with ultrasn0w. after that I went to restore my backup before I did the update. after the back up, I was able to go online and get my e-mail. I wasn't able to use MMS but i was able to use SMS. My Cellular Data tap was missing too but internet still work. I notice that some glitch cause my alarm setting to creat about 120 of the same alarm setting per each setting. For example, if you have like a alarm set at 4:30AM, 5:00AM, and 5:30AM, it'll make 120 or so copy of each of them. I have about ten different alarm setting, i didn't want to have to manually delete all of them so i did the restore again. jailbreak is with redsn0w and unlock it with ultrasn0w, but i did not do the restore back up. now, I could only make calls and recieve SMS. The internet is not working and there's still no Cellular Data tap either.
    Last edited by masters2k; 2010-06-25 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by masters2k View Post
    Here is what I've gotten. Mine is a Iphone 3g. I did the update through iTune with the official ios 4.0 ipsw. I jailbreak it with the newest redsn0w(I forgot which version it was) then unlock it with ultrasn0w. after that I went to restore my backup before I did the update. after the back up, I was able to go online and get my e-mail. I wasn't able to use MMS but i was able to use SMS. My Cellular Data tap was missing too but internet still work. I notice that some glitch cause my alarm setting to creat about 120 of the same alarm setting per each setting. so if you have like a alarm set at 4:30AM, 5:00AM, and 5:30AM, it'll make 120 or so copy of each of them. I have about ten different alarm setting so i didn't want to have to manually delete all so i did the restore again. jailbreak is with redsn0w and unlock it with ultrasn0w, but i did not do the restore back up. now, I could only make calls and recieve SMS. The internet is not working and there's still no Cellular Data tap either.
    Restore from backup to 4.0. Then download the file and jailbreak with the GM 4.0 IPSW. Then run cydia and download ultrasn0w. If you want the battery indicator and iBooks, just re-jailbreak with the next beta version once more (b5-4).
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

masters2k (2010-06-25)

well i did this and everthing work fine butttttt..... when i turn my phone off and on the settings are gone. Also starting to get that error messgae about media content not sent.. Legacy didnt work....

Thanks

The bundles don't work on 4.0 yet...
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Default Cant find my cellular data field
    Hi, i upgraded my iphone to 4.0 and jailbreak it with red snow b5-4 and after that i cant find my cellular data field, can anybody plz help me, thanks
    Last edited by ohsnap94; 2010-06-26 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Read the thread, post #8 tells you how to fix this.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-06-26 at 07:23 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

ohsnap94 (2010-06-26)

Default Tried
    hi i tried it and got it, but after i reboot my phone the tab again disappears

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Have you tried using a custom ipsw made with pwnage tool instead of using redsn0w?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

ohsnap94 (2010-06-26)

yaay it worked now and plus i have one more question, wheni upgraded my os to 4.0 from 3.1.2, my 8gb phone has only 6gb left when i restored it. does upgrading to the lates os 4.0 reduce the capacity of the phone? and my springboard has crashed and cannot restart it, it still stays in the crashed mode
    Last edited by ohsnap94; 2010-06-26 at 10:13 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnap94 View Post
    yaay it worked now and plus i have one more question, wheni upgraded my os to 4.0 from 3.1.2, my 8gb phone has only 6gb left when i restored it. does upgrading to the lates os 4.0 reduce the capacity of the phone? and my springboard has crashed and cannot restart it, it still stays in the crashed mode
    Yes, the OS does tend to get bigger, as they put in more APIs and 'features.' That will reduce the amount of free space you have on the phone for media and apps.
    As for the springboard crashing issue, it's possible something you installed via Cydia isn't compatible with iOS4. Might want to check out this site for more info: https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?k...g&f=true&gid=1
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

OK,

So I used redsn0w 9.3.4b-4 first (and ultrasn0w). Lost my Network options tab. Cannot connect to T-mobile data, but phone and sms are fine

I used the advice above and re-jailbroke with 9.4.4b-3 and still no change.

This is making me crazy!

Clearly, I've put hours and hours in with all the restores and jailbreaks, yet I'm still without data.

Anyone have any further advice?

iPhone 3G
    T-Mobile
    Unlimited Data plan

edit: I also still have my AT&T Sim so it's not hactivated.
    Last edited by mailandrew; 2010-06-27 at 10:02 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im thesame way .. still no luck.. im trying to load the tmobile ipcc like i had to do with 3.1.2 but its not working

iOS4 missing cellular data network tab FIX* | Random Critic here found it
    Last edited by xgus69; 2010-06-28 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xgus69 For This Useful Post:

flacogp23 (2010-06-28), mailandrew (2010-06-28)

Ditto. I tried all the options that were mentioned earlier in this post: beta 3 then beta 4, gm .ipsw, custom .ipsw (pwnagetool) [which didn't read in either beta versions]. I've pulled my hair out for three days and still no luck getting my data network to work on this damn iOS4. Help? Please? With cherries and molasses on top?!

I had the same probs. I had to start all over.

Restore in iTunes with 4.0
    JB with redsn0w 9.3.4b-3
    Unlock with Ultrasnow
    Reboot
    Then it should show up.

I didn't re-jailbreak with v. b-4 since I don't care about iBooks and got sick of doing all that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by mailandrew View Post
    OK,

So I used redsn0w 9.3.4b-4 first (and ultrasn0w). Lost my Network options tab. Cannot connect to T-mobile data, but phone and sms are fine

I used the advice above and re-jailbroke with 9.4.4b-3 and still no change.

This is making me crazy!

Clearly, I've put hours and hours in with all the restores and jailbreaks, yet I'm still without data.

Anyone have any further advice?

iPhone 3G
    T-Mobile
    Unlimited Data plan

edit: I also still have my AT&T Sim so it's not hactivated.

Quote Originally Posted by xgus69 View Post
    im thesame way .. still no luck.. im trying to load the tmobile ipcc like i had to do with 3.1.2 but its not working

work great thanks!!!

Smile Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 jailbreak DOES WORK!!
    Thank you guys!
    I had the same issue once i upgraded my iphone 3g to OS 4.0, which I use with T-mobile.
    I did the following and it worked:

- Restored to iOS 4 in iTunes
    - Used Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 to jailbreak
    - I activated wifi
    - downloaded and installed Ultrasn0w (using Cydia) to unlock

Note: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting is now a dead link. You can obtain the file by subscribing to repidshare and paying a fee for the download... or
    you can obtain the file from torrentreactor.net by following this link:
    redsn0w win 0.9.5b5-3.torrent Torrent Download - Torrent Reactor NET

- save the torrent
    - Download and install Bittorrent at Get BitTorrent | BitTorrent
    - open the torrent file in bittorrent and download the file
    - follow the steps above to jailbreak and unlock

Good luck! I thought I would share this with you in appreciation for your contribution, and because I imagine there must be so many of us experiencing the same issues. THANKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by xgus69 View Post

That did it! PPHEW! I feel like I can BREATHE again!

Many thanks! Supreme Preferences 3.0 did the trick!

This worked in 4.0 jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 unlocked with ultrasn0w on a 3G
    Last edited by mailandrew; 2010-06-28 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks
    what apn are you guys using for the internet to work?

Quote Originally Posted by zoomspeed05 View Post
    what apn are you guys using for the internet to work?
    depends on the plan you have, try

wap.voicestream.com

epc.tmobile.com

internet2.voicestream.com

*note. i noticed on IOS4 using t-mobile that the internet worked without me adding an APN in the settings. not sure why

You can uninstall Supreme Preferences afterwards if you do not want Winterboard, etc...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast