Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Settings for OS 4.0

Default T-Mobile Settings for OS 4.0
    Does anyone have a way to set the APN etc settings for OS 4.0? I asked in another area of iPhone Modding, but wanted to ask people who use the t-mobile network. Sorry if I upset anyone asking in two spots. Only way it works right now is with wifi on. Not working through t-mobile network.

Thanks
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!

Can we get more info on the situation? You jailbroke, unlocked, etc. The cellular data settings should be available to you. The only way they wouldn't be would be if you installed another IPCC or a Cydia package. Currently, you can input the old T-Mobile settings manually, but you lose the ability to receive MMS. IPCC signing is not being bypassed by the current ultrasn0w unlock, as it should be. We'll just have to wait it out until Spooky or another person figures this out.

Well I have a 3G iPhone, I have done the RESTORE of iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore and then did the redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-4 jailbreak, then did a search in cydia for ultrasnow and did that, my tmobile works, just the internet wont work. I have the data plan of the HTC HD2 (windows mobile phone) But I dont see any place to put in wap.voicestream.net etc.

Go to cydia and install the legacy tmobile file

As of right now, the bundles don't work for 4.0, so uninstall any if you have one installed.

The settings are in the same spot as 3.0, settings-general-network-cellular data network

Thanks

You have to manually enter the settings. Go here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...2g-3g-3gs.html

and scroll down to "Bundle Settings (for reference) :"

Enter the settings for your data plan (should be the first one)
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

When I go to General, Settings, Network, All I see is

Enable 3G (on/off)
    Cellular Data (on/off)
    Data Roaming (on/off
    VPN Not Connected
    Wi-Fi TCC> (TCC is my wifi lol)

There is NO area I can go to put in the APN information etc.

Thanks

If you correctly jailbroke your phone you should be able to see them. What did you use?

I used iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw for the upgrade to ios4.0
    I used redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-4 for jailbreak and then turned off 3G and went to cydia and searched for ultrasn0w and ran the install, rebooted. Still nothing where I can change the APN etc settings.

Thanks

Try re-jailbreaking. It's worked for everyone I know that unlocked ios4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The same thing happened to me... I'm re-jailbreaking now.l will update

Thanks

What's going on with so many people on T-mobile upgrading to 4.0 and losing the cellular data edit screen? It worked perfectly fine for me. Did you guys use the Beta 4 version? I used Beta 3 and no issues whatsoever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nope... Followed the guide to the T... upgraded phone via itunes, then redsn0w, then turn off 3g, browse to cydia, ultrasn0w reboot, no setting...

I'm doing a fresh restore right now adn going to try that...
    One funky thing...

I plugged in my iphone to do the fresh restore... then it tried to update my iphone with its old apps (that i had installed previously)
    I quit it half way through copying over the apps because i was just going to restore it factory anyway... But i noticed that the tether option was now there... so i wonder if you allowed itunes to restore your phone or not.

Oh by the way...

Is there a manual way to ssh in and change the fricking setting? I dont give two rabbit pebble sized shits about how the setting is changed... I just want to be able to change it...
    Last edited by jasonxoc; 2010-06-23 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Try going to cydia and downloading a bundle for your data plan (search for "T-mobile US postpaid/flexpaid")

There used to be plenty of Cydia apps that let you edit the cellular settings but they probably won't work with 4.0 until they're updated
    Last edited by adp; 2010-06-23 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did try using the bundle for the data plan... no go

iTunes does throw a frickin fit when you plug it in (b4 its unlocked) saying that the simcard isnt supported.
    I wonder if that pisses it off... I dont know..

In any case, i just finished unlocking my freshly restored to ios4 iPHone 3g... I went to turn off 3g and the setting wasnt there. (running cydia now to get ultrasn0w)

Thanks

What version of redsn0w did you use?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok just finished rebooting from ultrasn0w ... I still dont have the Cellular Data Network option...

So that sucks ***.

again... fresh restore, iPhone boots up and says connect to iTunes... (its already connected obviously)

Turn off the iPhone, run redsn0w, follow instructions... it does its thing...
    It reboots and lets me into the iphone, put in the wireless settings, goto cydia, ultrasn0w, reboot and the iPhone says ef you, you get no edge.

redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4!
    Last edited by jasonxoc; 2010-06-23 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm having the same problem. I used redsn0w 9.5b-5-4
    I got that version off dev' team's blog because my iphone needed to be hacktivated. Everything works except for those settings.

My regular 3g running 3.1.2 has it, but my other 3g running ios 4 doesn't have the settings, I have also tried to download the carrier bundles and no luck. I re-jailbroke the phone twice. I'm currently doing a factory restore and I'm going to jailbreak it again with redsn0w.

This is a screen shot of the iphone without the settings:
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1360/...89356aa7_o.png

This is the screen shot of the iphone i use everyday, which does have the settings.
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1147/...18491b1d_o.jpg

Thanks

Everyone having the "no cellular settings" problem try using 0.95b5-3 version. Let me know how it works out, it worked flawlessly for me:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting for windows (let me know if you need mac version)

That version won't hacktivate my phone, correct? Once I have it hacktivated I will run that version and see what happens. I'll update you in a second.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast