Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Settings for OS 4.0

Thanks

Yes it will. I ran it and unlocked it too. I got to edit the settings as well.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Everyone having the "no cellular settings" problem try using 0.95b5-3 version. Let me know how it works out, it worked flawlessly for me:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting for windows (let me know if you need mac version)
    I used that version too, and everything worked fine for me the first time. There must be something a little off with the b5-4 version or something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmmm... I still think theres a way to enable that setting manually via ssh.

Can anyone speak to this?

Are any of you able to receive MMS through T-Mobile on a 3GS on 4.0? That's the biggest issue we're having. Ultrasn0w is supposed to disable IPCC sig checking, but it's not working on Spooky's beta 4.0 bundles.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasonxoc View Post
    hmmm... I still think theres a way to enable that setting manually via ssh.

Can anyone speak to this?
    I would avoid SSH as you may screw with your phone. But do this at your own risk.

To edit your APN Settings on FW3.0 and avoid data costs you’ll have to…

1. Access your Phone via FTP/SSH

2. Open up the directory /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/

3. Open you Providers SIM-Card, in my case "TMobile_Germany.bundle"

4. Open the carrier.plist in your favorite editor - it should look something like this:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    <true/>
    <key>BookmarkURLs</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>BookmarkName</key>
    <string>T-Mobile web'n'walk</string>
    <key>BookmarkURL</key>
    <string>http://www.t-mobile.de/iphone-favoriten</string>
    </dict>
    </array>
    <key>CarrierName</key>
    <string>T-Mobile</string>
    <key>IntlDataRoamingSwitch</key>
    <true/>

5. Add the bold text entry in the example code to your .plist:

Code:

<key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    <true/>

6. Save and upload your carrier.plist to your iPhone
    . It should be instantly accessible (if not simply reboot).

7. Now everything is showing up in settings-->general-->networks: Cellular Data Network
    Source:
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/f206/76967.htm
    Last edited by adp; 2010-06-23 at 10:29 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

jasonxoc (2010-06-23)

I have a 3G as well, unlocked with the new version of Redsnow that doesn't mess up iBooks, and my celluar data isn't there neither. I've been snooping around the web, and can't find ****. I think it's Redsnow or Ultrasnow that messed something up and won't let us edit the celluar data settings. ARGHHHHH

Still nothing, same thing, "cellular data on/off" is the only thing.

Thanks

What IPSW are you guys using in redsnow to jailbreak?

I've downloaded a ISPW from apples servers, from a random site, and also restored with that ISPW as well via iTunes Shift+Restore.

And also used that same ISPW for redsnow.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw for my iPHone 3g,... was the one downloaded by itunes.

Ok i tried 0.9.5b5-3 and still no go... (didnt do a restore though... but im going to ssh in and enable it that way, i'll let you know what happens)

@Jason, please keep us updated. You're also using T-Mobile USA, correct?

EPC.TMOBILE.COM?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I subscribe to tmobile and i live in the USA I have the blackberry unlimited data plan...

I'm curious to know what epc.tmobile.com is?

But i'll absolutely keep everyone updated... i'm trying to install a shell on the phone now.

Thanks

epc.tmobile.com is the APN for most data plans now (except web2go, sidekick, tzones)

iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw
    i used that...
    and the redsn0w beta 3/4

i still dont see those options... phone works and all just cant get my internet

Quote Originally Posted by xdviper View Post
    @Jason, please keep us updated. You're also using T-Mobile USA, correct?

EPC.TMOBILE.COM?

This is interesting topic. I have a iPhone 3GS, jail broken since ver.3.0
    Have used PwnageTool Since to restore/upgrade with every time. RedSnow to jailbreak long time ago.

I updated to 4.0 with ultrasnow and for the first time, without any additional packages installed, i had Celluar Data, MMS, and Internet Tethering enabled!!!!

No packages installed!! Weird. I did have to input Data settings but all work. Weird, Good luck guys!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Like i said... it is interesting... because when iTunes started restroring my phone and i cancelled it... it enabled the Tethering option ... Kinda odd

Anyway... back onto editing the carrier bundle... I finally got OpenSSH and VIM installed (my idiot a$s selected the wrong cydia pref, if your going to do it... make sure you at least select Hacker + as your preference)
    But there are like 12 different TMobile Carrier options... IM not sure which one is in use... any way to find out which one is currently being used?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonxoc View Post
    Like i said... it is interesting... because when iTunes started restroring my phone and i cancelled it... it enabled the Tethering option ... Kinda odd

Anyway... back onto editing the carrier bundle... I finally got OpenSSH and VIM installed (my idiot a selected the wrong cydia pref, if your going to do it... make sure you at least select Hacker + as your preference)
    But there are like 12 different TMobile Carrier options... IM not sure which one is in use... any way to find out which one is currently being used?
    Very interesting, i had to do this last year. For me it was using the Germany tmobile bundle. To avoid that, i simple copied the US bundle inside the Germany bundle, it worked!

Be careful with OpenSSH as i discovered, easy to crash your phone into a endless loop.

Keep us updated!

Can't we download something from Cydia, and have it enabled to come up there? I don't want to ssh but if it comes down to that, then we should also write a turtoial for others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rrogan View Post
    I used that version too, and everything worked fine for me the first time. There must be something a little off with the b5-4 version or something

Hey Everyone having problem with the settings field showing I just found a solution , on iphone open safari and type in the following help.benm.at it will then scroll down to bottom page select tethering and select country then select tmobile and reboot phone . All the settings for cellular data network , mms and tethering will now show. I have not put in actually settings yet to confirm mms work but can confirm settings will show this does work.
    Last edited by merllen; 2010-06-24 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yea the settings for tmobile doesnt work i went back to 3.1.3 and followed the directions on here and it works perfectly...guessing we are going to have to wait until they update everything on cydia which is fine because after the long wait of being able to unlock im not even mad lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast