Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unblock prepaid restrictions on free Tzones to use edge on all apps on iPhone

Exclamation Unblock prepaid restrictions on free Tzones to use edge on all apps on iPhone
    Well, I have an iPhone 3G on 3.1.2 and I unlocked it for Tmobile. I have a prepaid sim for tmobile and no data plan but I still get the free tmobile tzones through Edge on iPhone. I also found a way to browse any site and get past the restrictions of the free tzones through a a proxy site.

I was wondering, is there a way to unblock the restrictions on port access from edge and allow any/all the apps on the iPhone to be able to use the edge network from the free tzones? Thanks, any help appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What proxy are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    What proxy are you using?
    Theres two that I know of--> iFailHard V2.0 & AK48 - T-Mobile - uneasyDan.com

What kind of t-mobile prepaid plan do you have? Because I want to do the exact same thing your doing. I am using applications which give free calling and texting and all I need is a cheap unlimited data plan to use on my iPhone. And I'm good to go for USA wa.

Also try your question on ihackmyi.com forums if you don't get an answer. And if you do post on that forum please post the link here or pm it to me on that forum. My username there is wwfjdraw too.

I know that with 3 g unrestrictor apps from cydia you can use apps that only work on wifi to be tricked and to think thatcthey are wifi when really on reality they are not.
    Last edited by wwfjdraw; 2010-06-13 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default your settings?
    bobjones323, what APN are you using? I have a 2G iphone with prepaid and can't even get the basic free sites to load (t-zones, cnn, abc etc.). I read that even the yahoo mail mobile site is supposed to work for free, so I am very interested to get this to work (the proxy part would just be a bonus). I got the same iphone to work (with a pre 2.0 firmware) with some manual hacking of pref files via ssh, but now that it is at 3.1.3, I thought setting "wap.voicestream.com" as APN should get it work, but it is not in my case. I would appreciate any help.

Quote Originally Posted by irha View Post
    bobjones323, what APN are you using? I have a 2G iphone with prepaid and can't even get the basic free sites to load (t-zones, cnn, abc etc.). I read that even the yahoo mail mobile site is supposed to work for free, so I am very interested to get this to work (the proxy part would just be a bonus). I got the same iphone to work (with a pre 2.0 firmware) with some manual hacking of pref files via ssh, but now that it is at 3.1.3, I thought setting "wap.voicestream.com" as APN should get it work, but it is not in my case. I would appreciate any help.
    Well, i use epc.tmobile.com; but wap.voicestream.com worked for me as well. Also, you can try this-->http://tmobile.captsmokey.com/iphone/ With which you can browse any site throuh the opera browser app without restrictions. BUt it is through a proxy so be careful when browsing sites with "private information" such as checking ur email...

Quote Originally Posted by bobjones323 View Post
    Well, i use epc.tmobile.com; but wap.voicestream.com worked for me as well. Also, you can try this-->http://tmobile.captsmokey.com/iphone/ With which you can browse any site throuh the opera browser app without restrictions. BUt it is through a proxy so be careful when browsing sites with "private information" such as checking ur email...
    Thanks for the response. What I see is that it is able to get a data IP (23.193.xx.xx), but when visiting any web page, safari says it is not connected to the internet. I just tried epc as well and got the same response. I have the roaming turned on too. Anything else that you can think of to check?