Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help, just got this jb/un iphone

Default need help, just got this jb/un iphone
    hello folks, i need some help here, i just got this iphone and not sure what i have or which way to go with it, it is a 2g 8gig iphone, it has 3.1.3 (7e18) firmware, 04.05.04_g modem firmware, it has cydia,instalous,bootneuter(4.6) so is this a good jailbreak and unlock? i am on t-mobile data service, i dont get much on cydia and has many errors when trying to add apps from there, also, is there a better unlock and jailbreak? or a better way to get updated cydia? oh yea and mms would be nice to have, so PLEASE help me out you nice folks thanks in advance chip

Thanks

What's your data plan
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Default data plan
    it is unlmited for iphone, $25 bucks per month

Thanks

I recommend you switch to web2go. Unlimited data for "other phones" for $9.99. Works with the iPhone too. But if you want to stay with that plan let me know and I'll give you instructions to activate.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

cpalmer1 (2010-05-28)

Default help is here?
    yea man i would like to stay where im at now w the data plan ,,,so what do i have as far as the unlock? good how to activate the mms would be great thanks chip

Thanks

Go to cydia and search for "T-Mobile US flexpaid/postpaid" and download the very first result. Then go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings.

Default no aval
    i tryed the tmobile download to no aval, should i rejailbreak my iphone because many of the cydia app arent loading properly, and most inportant is whick or what was used to jailbreak and unlock my iphone?

Thanks

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with Redsn0w 0.9.4 | Redmond Pie

Skip to step 2 since you already have 3.1.3

As far as MMS is concerned, this is the easiest thing to do. Go into Cydia->Manage->Sources and then in the corner it says "edit", click that followed by "add". Type in the source "http://sinfuliphonerepo.com" it will give you a warning but click "add anyway" after cydia refreshes find the package called "MMS and tethering settings". That should be it but if you reboot and it still doesn't work reset the network settings by going into Settings-> General->Network->Cellular Data Network and "reset network settings". If you would like to try to enter these settings manually I have attached a picture of the settings and if the visual voicemail doesn't show up that's normal.

Here are some alternate settings if those don't work:
    Cellular Data
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    username: [blank]
    password: [blank]
    MMS
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    username: [blank]
    password: [blank]
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 614400
    MMS UA Prof URL: [blank]

alternatively you can try either epc.tmobile.com or internet2.voicestream.com
    for APN and http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc for the MMSC with the rest of the settings the same as above. Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -tmobile_cellulardata_settings.png  
    Last edited by kraziebone; 2010-05-30 at 11:08 AM.

Concerning the Jailbreak/Unlock - It's really almost impossible to tell how you jailbroke the iPhone based on the apps but if it's crashing, the 2G iPhone is by far the easiest phone to unlock since the baseband has been "neutered". If the apps are crashing I would suggest you just restore in iTunes, then jailbreak/neuter your iPhone with any of the jailbreak methods that are currently being used (spirit is really popular or redsn0w is good as well) Good luck.

thx lots of info here really helpfull, so when i restore ill have to reistall the neutering app also to unlock/

ok problems here, i down loaded sinful, and installes mms and teathering app, and reset cellular data setting , still nothing as far as mms goes, i tryed the other data setting still nothing, but something i noticed was i never get to reset or add info for mms apn never there to reset??? should i restore and start all over?? thanks for ur help
    Last edited by cpalmer1; 2010-05-30 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost