Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No wifi on 3GS 3.1.2 again. :( Also included: blackra1n question.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No wifi on 3GS 3.1.2 again. :( Also included: blackra1n question.
    Hey everyone,

I have an unlocked and jailbroken 3GS (3.1.2) and I've recently gone to Hungary for a couple of weeks where I replaced my U.S. T-Mobile SIM card with a Hungarian one. Everything had worked perfectly earlier and I was worried about what would happen to my settings (you know the usual problems: MMS, data network, all that jazz,) but it all seems to be fine except for one thing: my phone doesn't seem to be able to detect wifi signals... again.
    Anyone has any idea what I should do?

Also, a quick blackra1n question: each time I turn off my phone, I need to connect it to my MacBook and run blackra1n, otherwise I cannot turn it back on, and it's rather annoying.
    Any solutions to this problem?

Thanks a lot for any advice in advance.

not sure about your wifi but...you have a tethered iphone so you have to break it everytime you boot up. jailbreak it with Spirit and you'll be fine, gets rid of the boot issue.
    It is what it is...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BurnRose For This Useful Post:

LadyPac (2010-05-10)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BurnRose View Post
    not sure about your wifi but...you have a tethered iphone so you have to break it everytime you boot up. jailbreak it with Spirit and you'll be fine, gets rid of the boot issue.
    Thank you, BurnRose!
    Another question (I never seem to run out of them) I haven't quite figured out the answer to on my own: if I simply jailbreak it with Spirit, will it automatically overwrite the blackra1n jailbreak, or do I have to somehow "uninstall" it prior to doing anything else?

ooo good one It Will overwrite your Cydia app. You don't need to restore. But I always do to ensure elimination of odd ball combination possibilities. Just back up first with itunes. Also run Auto SHSH FW Umbrella to back up your ID with Cydia to allow for future restore options.
    It is what it is...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BurnRose View Post
    Also run Auto SHSH FW Umbrella to back up your ID with Cydia to allow for future restore options.
    ...and this is where you lost me. I really don't understand any of that last sentence, so I guess I'll just keep connecting the phone to my MacBook wishing I'd heard about Spirit earlier.
    Thanks a lot for trying to help little amateur me, though, I truly appreciate it.

I'll post you the link in a bit. Just run the program and it does the rest. Then in iTunes right click your iPhone ans select backup so that you don't lose your camera roll and contacts. Then run Spirit file. If you have win 7 you might have to change compatability mode to win 95. I can step u through everything in a little while, just got off work and stepping out for a bit. I'll check on you in a bit. No worries

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You're awesome, thanks a lot.
    I'm on a Mac, though.
    Oh, another question: I won't lose all my apps which I've downloaded via ********** (sp?) and which I therefore cannot synch with iTunes? (Or can I synch them, I just don't know how?)

K this is the part I don't trust. Sometimes works sometimes doesn't. Cydia- install appsync, app backup and apt backup. Goto app backup and apt backup and select All. Then backup iPhone. Before restore

DO NOT RUN SPIRIT OVER BLACKRA1N!!. You must have a fresh restore of 3.1.2, or 3.1.3 for it to work. if you are already jailbroken using blackra1n (especially tethered) and you run spirit, you will end up in an infinite bootloop, or you wont be able to boot. This has been a proven fact in all cases. google it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ohs0flyMar For This Useful Post:

LadyPac (2010-05-11)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ohs0flyMar View Post
    DO NOT RUN SPIRIT OVER BLACKRA1N!!. You must have a fresh restore of 3.1.2, or 3.1.3 for it to work. if you are already jailbroken using blackra1n (especially tethered) and you run spirit, you will end up in an infinite bootloop, or you wont be able to boot. This has been a proven fact in all cases. google it
    Thank you so much!

Hey.... i have just jaikbreaked my iphone 32Gig 3gs V 3.1.3 with spirit... worked fine but while tryin to update Cydia at start i have no wifi connection.. Have tried reseting phone restarting re jailbreakin... the phone was unlocked nothin has been done before that.. hope someone can help cheers

do a network reset setting

@blood blaze. Have you tried a restore? Or do you rely on an unlock?

Hey... yes tried that nothin been tryin all night even tried other pc nothin.. but then out of the blue just worked... no idea why but not complainin... now goin off the rails downloading ha ha ... cheers