Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no service all of sudden

yeah its gotta be tmobile or the iphone unlock needs to be updated. If there was local outage than my legit tmobile phone shouldnt be working, but it does.

yup so u know what i did recently. like yesterday? i bought a new cellphone! i bought the motorola milestone, a unlocked version of the motorola droid. it doesnt have 3g speed tho but everything else is pretty dam good about the phone. should be comin in tomorrow. ima just put my iphone away or use it as a ipod until they get it fixed. i love the iphone because of the touch screen is so good and easy to manage pictures and music. but the whole jailbreak unlock crap is annoying. oh well. goodluck to the rest of u thats having the same kind of problem. CHEERS!

Could it be cuz tmobile is rolling out new hsdpa or somthing, claiming its 4g?

yeah, i got the smae problem, it would go from full bars to no bars if i moved the phone...i dont know wth is wrong with it

Same issues here in Denver area on both my 3g and my wife's 3gs. Full bars, then no bars, then it searches for network. Its driving us both crazy. My phone seems to work better than hers, she gets about 1 in 30 incoming calls the rest go to VM, but she can call out without a issue and can also send out texts no problems. Crazy.. We might be switching carriers if this keeps up much longer.

BTW this all started on 5/11/10 for both of us on the same day.
    Last edited by Roush00; 2010-05-26 at 04:36 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

this happens to me a lot in the basement hmm

I fixed my wife's phone for incoming calls. Some how her edge was turned on. I turned it off and left data on. She now gets all her incoming calls. Guess I should have checked that first. Cell coverage is still off and on at best.

still no solution... Back to on and off service.. and then no service

the problem seems to have stopped for me, everything is back to normal.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried your SIM in another phone to make sure it's working properly?

Anyone still having similar problems or found a fix? I have a 3G running iOS4 and Ultrasnow 0.93. 2 days ago I started having these same problems out of no where. I can sometimes get a signal by rebooting or reseating the SIM, but calls will fail shortly after. Then it usually goes to searching then no service. I'm located in Oregon for what that's worth.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

thank god no issues in cali. on all 3g/3g's i've unlocked across the city.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cbrew325 View Post
    Anyone still having similar problems or found a fix? I have a 3G running iOS4 and Ultrasnow 0.93. 2 days ago I started having these same problems out of no where. I can sometimes get a signal by rebooting or reseating the SIM, but calls will fail shortly after. Then it usually goes to searching then no service. I'm located in Oregon for what that's worth.
    Probably local outages, hopefully temporary
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

phone is working right now perfectly. but not sure when the "no serivce" will return and screw everything up.

and i didn't do anytihng to make it work. it just started to work, but originally it was on no service. so....

there is no solution???

it cant be local outages, before if it was then it must have been a long ***** outage causei had this problem for over some weeks
    Last edited by ozarka; 2010-07-10 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Common Sense.

Thanks

If it was a global problem then complaints would be pouring. It's either just your phone or a local problem

no service again. wtf. so random. i had perfec service for 2 days.... nto anymore.
    Common Sense.

Unfortunately my problem is not local outages. I'm starting to think my phone has a hardware problem. It will not find service on tmobile or ATT. I even tried restoring and not installing ultrasn0w. Still no service (ATT sim).

Thanks

Well for all those of you using 2G's, 3G's, hardware problems are definitely not uncommon at this point. My GPS antenna and my volume buttons were starting to malfunction months before I sold my 3G a few weeks ago

so still o fkig solution.

i got no serivce.. guess time to go back to my samsung..
    Common Sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12