Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FYI: Weird MMS glitch between T-Mo & AT&T

Arrow FYI: Weird MMS glitch between T-Mo & AT&T
    My boyfriend and I both have iPhones; I have a 3g on T-Mobile and he has a 3gs on AT&T. For months he was unable to send me MMS messages. The status bar would reach ~95% and then fail, showing the red exclamation point. I could send him pictures and he'd receive them, and he could send pictures to other people on T-Mobile with no issue. We were both baffled and just gave up and resorted to using email instead.

The solution we came across today:
    He had my number saved as "iPhone" in his phonebook. Upon changing it to "mobile," the pictures were actually able to send. I guess a number saved as "iPhone" is treated differently by the phone in terms of how MMS works or something, because me being on T-Mobile instead of AT&T kept it from working correctly.

Also, he still cannot send them by clicking the camera icon while in our conversation and selecting/taking a picture from there, it still fails. In order for the picture to send, he has to send it from the options while looking at the picture in his album, or he has to compose a new message and attach the picture from there. Weird, but at least he can send the pictures in some way!
    Last edited by Eleni; 2010-04-28 at 11:15 PM.
    MY PHONE TIMELINE:

Thanks

I'd reset the network settings. In T-mobile, after installing a carrier bundle, we reset network settings and that clears up a lot of things.

Settings - general - reset - reset network settings

I'd help with the AT&T issue but I'm not familiar with what bundles/fixes they have. I'm sure they have plenty though, just post in the AT&T section if the reset doesn't do it.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->