Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So lately - "NO SERVICE" for iphone 3g on 3.1.2 firmware

Unhappy So lately - "NO SERVICE" for iphone 3g on 3.1.2 firmware
    Si, i been using iphone 3g and then like around 04-10-10, my phone started to show the " no service" sign and ever since that day its been getting worse and pretty much everyday i will get a "no service" for my tmobiel signal.
    But sometimes i would get signal back and hten lose it again for the rest of the day.....

What is going on? I been using my phone in the same areas and my phone is also charged.

This all randomly and suddenly started to happen.

And i can't find any way to keep it from losing signal.

help?

Thanks

Have you tried using another tmobile phone? It may be a local network issue

im in TX.

I saw some reports of tmobile service outage in Northeast portion in the states. but not south,

but im pretty sure that all the other tmobile users in TX dont have this "no service" issue especially this frequently, im talking like the entire week and right now over an entire week of back and forth service and no service.

Right now i have service.

Thanks

Well I'm pretty sure it's hardware related (either your phone or your network). If your phone gets signal your unlock is ok. Which method did you use?

blackrain, i eman im sure my phone was good, because i been using it without any problems since the unlcok came out. and then just like last week this problem started to occur. But right now i still have full signal

I have a similar problem... I had a working jailbroken/ unlocked phone that I was using with Tmobile. The Wi-Fi kept on failing so I decided to reload blackrain...

...yaaaahhh...now my Wi-fi works Great but a get a "NO SERVICE" from my phone and when i try to click on the network i get "UNABLE TO LOAD NETWORK LIST". I've re-installed Ultrasnow and nothing happens.. still the same.

Any suggestions? I'm scared to completely reinstall everything but if someone can point to anywhere that shows how to do it ...i'm game.

Thanks

yeah my phone is still no completely normal yet. still getting no service on and off. shouldnt more people be getting this problem??

You can add me to that "unable to load carrier list" problem!!

Is there some kind of a fix for it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riverratt View Post
    You can add me to that "unable to load carrier list" problem!!

Is there some kind of a fix for it?

Let me google that for you
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I experience the "No Service" thing periodically (yesterday, as a matter of fact). I have a 2G running 3.1.2. It never lasts for more than a few minutes.

I had the "no service" problem yesterday morning... I'm in Palm Bay, Florida. I'm pretty sure that it was a local network issue...
    It was fixed in the afternoon and today everything is OK again.

Iphone 2G still at 3.0

yeah, im in tx. either it's tmobile not doing a good job and still not fixing the bad network connection or idk. but right now i have signal. but ill keep this post update.

i have the same problem ..jb and unlocked with blackrain..however, my wife's is unlocked with Pwangetool and she gets full bars..I think it is software

no serivce again. wtf wtf wtf

Hey im in palm bay florida as well...3 weeks ago i owned a 3g 8gb phone on 3.1.2 unlocked with blackra1n i had the no service problems the day i got the phone...I couldnt get it to work so i sold it on ebay...i took it to an iphone repair place and they got it working for like 3hrs untill i got home then, it just go no service..and sometimes i would get service but the phone would even dial out or recieve/send text...weird...i gotta new HTC HD2 for 200 with my t-mobile upgrade and plan and ebaying it and buying another phone...but im scared that ill have the same problem...when i had my 3g i tried everything possible in the world to get it working no luck..i honestly think its something with blackra1n who knows...when i had my unlocked 2g..i had no problems...

so you were on the 3.1.2 fw and 05.11.07 modem?
    My iphone was wokring perfectly since the day the blackrain came out, but up until last week i started to get this no service problem.

Where is the solution?
    Where is 4.0???

im thinking about restoring it and see if it solves the problem, but apparently a lot of people are having this problem, and restore might not fix it....

I'm using 3.1.2 on my iPhone 3G and haven't had any service issues for the past 2 weeks when I started using it...unlocked/jailbroken with Blackra1n

Thanks
    Ive had this on my GF's iphone with 3.1.2 but I thought it was because it kept going from Tmobile to ATT signal

solution?

Thanks

I am NOT an all knowing person, but if you look at other things in your area, you may find out that it is a hardware problem, just maybe not YOUR hardware.
    I.E. I live in Germany with the ARMY.
    The contract for the telephone towers expires periodically, and if one company is willing to pay more, they get the "good" side or hight. The company who had the good side two years ago, now has $hi^^y sending and recieving capability. Then suddenly 2 years later, the old service rocks again.
    I am hesitant to blame blackra1n, because there are probly about 250,000 iphones out there who's owners have made it rain, and are having no problems at all.
    My 2 $en^$ worth

unklbyl

21. The Following User Says Thank You to unklbyl For This Useful Post:

riverratt (2010-04-24)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast