Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So lately - "NO SERVICE" for iphone 3g on 3.1.2 firmware

Upon looking into it I would have to agree with you unklbl. In my case anyhow it is indeed a hardware problem.

BS , i doubt it is hardware issue, cause i iddnt drop my iphone or anything and i do get signal from time to time., so if its the antenna...i donut it. if i cant get any signal at all, then maybe it is hardware issue, but i can still at random locations get signal, but like once i move, like get up, i lose the signal.

i am pretty positive its not a hardware problem but a software or carrier problem. i restored my phone fresh 3.1.2 and used my friends AT&T sim and it worked fine until i jailbroke/unlock for tmobile use then it stopped working. also i had no problems with 3.1.2 and tmobile for many months until recently

I've spent the last 4 days trying every possible way to correct this bug. I still get No Service or no bars.

I have restored / jailbroken / unlocked more than 20 times, every way possible.

Has anyone finally figured out how to fix this?

Please help me out!! I'm with T-Mobile

I even get the "Unable to load carrier list" msg as well.

iPhone 3G / 3.1.2 / 05.07.11 BB
    currently jailbroken with blackra1n, unlocked w/ blacksn0w

Currently there is no fix around this. Ur best bet is to use a regular tmobile phone til someone pin points the problem and come up with a solve.

Thanks

So you're all sure it's not a worn out sim card?
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

I replaced my sim card with a new one and it didnt work. positive its a tmobile service or a unlock/jailbreak bug.

Thanks

Weird...if it was an unlock issue it would be more global. I still think it's local. And sometimes there's issues with specific IMEI's. For example, you can have issues with smartphones and not dumbphones. Not sure why but it's happened before. It's all in T-mobile's network
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

I am sorry and feel your pain. A friend of mine brought me his unlocked w/ blackrain, JB with black snow and no service from t-mobile. I tried everything i knew and everything i could find and no luck at all. I did a restore and JB with spirit. JB blackrain did NOT work. He took it home, and updated to 3.1.3 and i JB again with spirit. Now he has a rockin' ipod till june 11th or so
    sad.

Sorry, JB with spirit. Unlock waits just out of reach.....
    Last edited by unklbyl; 2010-05-27 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost and misworded

still no solution... Back to on and off service.. and then no service

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12