Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Beware!!!!!

Default Beware!!!!!
    I've been using T-Mobile with 1000/min unlimited text, edge data for the past three years on my iPhone. My price is $59.99/month.

Because I was past due on my bill, they restricted the data and incoming calls. When I paid my bill, they restored everything BUT the edge.

When I went through the usual steps of troubleshooting, it became apparent that the problem was on T-Mobile's end.

Well guess what they told me at T-Mobile support?
    I got some long winded BS about how blackberry plans are only for Blackberry's and that they couldn't turn it on because I had an iPhone. Oh, and then went right into a canned spiel about how I could get it turned back on for a higher price.

So:
    I could get the same service on my iPhone that I had before, but more money.

Or, I could continue with the plan I've got with edge (at the same price, now useless).

Or, I can go back to using a blackerry.

T-Mobile is definitely getting the iPhone. My experience is VERY telling. T-Mobile may be aggressively shutting down accounts that enjoyed cheap data plans on the iPhone.

They're doing this (I believe) to clear a pathway for the potential sanctioned iPhone customers coming their way.

Be warned.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Or they just want people to use the correct plan for a non-supported phone on their network.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

They've been doing this for a while. They actuall cut all web2go users for a few days last July - august but restored it. I imagine it was because of the tons of complaints and threats to leave tmobile for AT&T. I was one of them. If I'm gonna pay 35 for data I might as well switch. But for now I enjoy my 9.99 data. The day they cut it will be the day I switch.

So, if that's the case then why would I have been able to use it for the last three years with no problems?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

The account status change triggered so by making a late payment made them actually look at your account.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

Yup. Don't do anything that catches their attention. There's people who are still on the 5.99 tzones and have had it for years. Tmobile knows that by actively disabling these accounts they're gonna lose more customers than profit