Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can i jailbreak to 3.1.2 on iphone 2g still?

Default Can i jailbreak to 3.1.2 on iphone 2g still?
    want to jailbreak/unlock to 3.1.2 so i can use all the features... at activation screen now.. please help!

Thanks

Did you already upgrade your Firmware to 3.1.2? You have to give more details
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Did you already upgrade your Firmware to 3.1.2? You have to give more details
    I bought the phone on ebay, its a 2G and it came at the emergency call/activation screen, I want to jailbreak and unlock it.. It doesnt really matter I can deal with 3.1.3 for now.. but in the guide it says to update it which i cant do because i dont have a att sim card... my t-mobile card is in there.

Thanks

Did you already upgrade to 3.1.3? I hope not...

If you haven't then you need to download a custom ipsw for 3.1.2. Click here
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....1_Restore.ipsw
    Make sure you have the latest iTunes. Then plug in your phone, and where it says "restore," click it WHILE pressing shift. Load up the custom ipsw and restore to 3.1.2. Then go to blackweather and download blackra1n for your OS. Run the program and click make it rain.

Once the phone is jailbroken, install Cydia, open it, search for "bootneuter" and install. Restart phone, and make sure you enter these settings on bootneuter:

That should be it.

If you upgraded to 3.1.3 you're out of luck. No unlock. You'll have to wait until 4.0 is jailbroken+ unlocked which will probably be this summer.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

iphone_tmobile (2010-04-09)

just jailbroke it to 3.1.2 with guide skipping update part lol. it worked and now i have 3.1.2