Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i get the "E" but safari says its not connected to internet

Default i get the "E" but safari says its not connected to internet
    hi all ive had my iphone w/ tmobile for awhile now this is actualy my 2nd one but it was working fine last night i had internet, mms, tethering everything i woke up and now it doesnt work ive tried changing the apn to every possible setting i can find please help idk what to do jailbroken with blackrain and i have the htc g1 plan with unlimited internet mms ect. thank u all in advance for helping

iphone 3g
    version- 3.1.2(7d11)
    carrier- tmobile 5.0
    model- mb702ll
    modem- 05.11.07
    Last edited by pltnm0071; 2010-04-07 at 06:46 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

umm well this is a long shot. But something similar happened to me today.
    I got tzones added to my plan exactly one month ago. tmbobile gives u ur first month free as a trial. But i called them and the guy was like oohhh...
    Apparently there is a 24 hour activation/ switch period from the trial to the one that actually starts showing up on ur bill.

So i guess if u got ur internet exactly one month ago on this phone and received a trial, this maybe ur problem.

But like i said, its a long shot.

Thanks

Go to cydia and search for "T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid" - download the bundle and reset network settings.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Go to cydia and search for "T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid" - download the bundle and reset network settings.

that was the first thing i did after i restored it but it didnt do a thing it gave me the epc.tmobile.com apn and didnt work rebooted it and all still nothing thats when i started trying different apns like internet2.voicestream.com still nothing thank you for trying to help me out btw my iphones a part of me to lol

p.s. the mms is working fine but still no internet
    Last edited by pltnm0071; 2010-04-07 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks

Can you post screenshots of your cellular data network screen (home+lock button). It may just be an outage. I know this has happened to T-zones users frequently.

Can you post screenshots of your cellular data network screen (home+lock button). It may just be an outage. I know this has happened to T-zones users frequently.

my comp wont let me and neither will the phone because it has no internet but right now the apn is epc.tmobile.com and the username and passord are blank and the mms is allright cause mms is working but i just got off the phone with tmobile (i think the guy i talked to has an iphone also cause he souded like he knew what he was talking about ) but he said it was prob because i was on the htc g1 plan instead of just a regular smartphone plan so he switched it and told me it will take effect in 2-48 hours but i dont think thats the prob because its been working on the g1 plan fine since december. any clue? if you insist on seing the screenshot i an send it to you through an mms but idk if you wantto post something like your number on here i can send it in an email later tonight when i go to my friends house who has wifi again thank you

Thanks

It's ok. I thought you had said you had tzones?you're now overpaying for data, you should switch to web2go

It's ok. I thought you had said you had tzones?you're now overpaying for data, you should switch to web2go
    well i have a plan for minutes night weekends text mms and internet i never even heard of these tzone do you think it would start working if i got themim on a prepaid plan now thats pretty much unlimeted everything for 70

if not does any1 else know what i cando to get the internet backon my phone????

Thanks

Switch to web2go...I've posted instructions several times in these forums (search)..sorry I'm
    on my phone

Im having the same problem

my internet was working fine and then all of a sudden yesterday it started giving me errors.

The weird thing is i am able to go to Google.com and it loads fine but i cant go to any other webpage, nor use facebook, or any other internet apps.

im going to try to restore but i dont understand how it just stopped working all of a sudden

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayizratedx View Post
    Im having the same problem

my internet was working fine and then all of a sudden yesterday it started giving me errors.

The weird thing is i am able to go to Google.com and it loads fine but i cant go to any other webpage, nor use facebook, or any other internet apps.

im going to try to restore but i dont understand how it just stopped working all of a sudden
    What's your data plan?

mine did the same thing. I dont even have the "E" up top anymore. What changed? I'm on simple mobile not T-mobile but it is ran off the same network. I have restored rejailbroke and unlocked tried 10 different APN settings and 2 carrier bundles. I dont know what is going on. Called CS and they told me T-mobile changed something with their network and they are working to resolve the issue, but I took my sim and put it in my Blackberry and edge works just fine so it has to be something with the iphone. DAMN!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

there are only like 4 working apn's...

internet2.voicestream.com
    internet1.voicestream.com
    wap.voicestream.com
    epc.tmobile.com

epc works for tzones

internet2 works for web2go and the 35dlr internet package

if it don't work. u don't have it active on ur account or something. or ur iphone is effed lol
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

i dont get the "E" but i get a dot... when i use safari i can get google but when i do a search it come up t zone web 2 go and nothing else! any ideas?

I was having a similar problem where all I could use was Google, I reset my phone by holding down the lock button and home button at the same time, and once the phone restarted, my internet was working again. The same thing would happen from time to time when I had a Blackberry, and hard resetting it always fixed the problem as well.
    MY PHONE TIMELINE:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgadgitz View Post
    i dont get the "E" but i get a dot... when i use safari i can get google but when i do a search it come up t zone web 2 go and nothing else! any ideas?
    When you get a dot instead of the E then your network doesn't have EDGE, or you're on GPRS (ridiculously slower than EDGE). Which is most likely why only Google loads up.