Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Texting worth it?

Default Texting worth it?
    Is it worth the extra $10 for texting, or would google voice or one of the texting apps (textPlus?) be good enough? What do you think?

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally have Beejive IM for texting. It can be a pain for friends to text you back, but in the long run it doesn't cost you money. I've had very bad experiences with free texting apps 'cause 1/2 the time they didn't work for me. On a similar note, I also went to an AT&T store and had them block texting on my phone. If you don't wanna pay for Beejive, don't pirate it, they'll ban you in a hurry from their service. Try the AIM app instead.

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

I use text free. It's not free the app is 5.99 and 5.99 every year after but it works just like text app on the phone. With badges and text preview. I use it all the time

Thanks

i would say if ur a heavy text person then nothing beats paying 10 dollars for a text plan..

if ur going in the "el cheapo" route, then Google voice is your choice (although u need to find a way to get an app that uses google voice to text unless u gonna do it from mobile safari)

and if thats toooo complicated for you, then aim for the iphone is the last way...only thing is that the recipients are gonna receive texts with a number like 0002233

I would definitely get the texting package. I have it now and its great. Plus with text plus your number is some 5 digit number.

Default question with google voice sms
    I was wondering if I use google voice for sms if there is some way to get text forwarded from my mobile number after I cancel the text package?
    Is the only way to get sms in google voice to give everyone your GV number?
    Does textfree allow you to do mms as well?

Thanks

No, you can't forward to your phone because you don't have texts. Unless you've blocked them, you will be charged $.20 per text received.

No.
    Textfree Unlimited - Send Text Messages (SMS) Free! for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

If you want mms check out this app, I've never used it but I just stumbled upon it.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/itim-...329444425?mt=8
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow I like the looks of that app. Think iam gonna try it out