Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bad Sim Card = Non-working iPhone?

Default Bad Sim Card = Non-working iPhone?
    Ok a little back story on my phone:
    iPhone 2g on Tmobile.
    I've had my phone since it's first come out and I think I've had my sim card for about 4 years.

Starting this morning, my phone has been either been searching for a network, or it says the network is there, but no texts/calls will go through.

Currently, the phone is stuck on "No Service". I can't get it off of that. I've rebooted, hard reboot, airplane mode, respring, reset network, anything you can think of I've done without completely restoring/re-unlocking the phone. I've never had this problem before... ever.

From researching a few minutes, I've noticed a few times people have said they received this error because of a bad sim card or the sim card was older than 5 years.

Have any of you run into this problem? Also, another funny thing that happened, I powered down my phone manually (power button) and tried to turn it back on manually, but it wouldn't turn on... until I took out the sim card. WTF? More and more I'm starting to think the sim card is the culprit, but I'd like more feedback on what anyone else has experienced.

Thanks.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

Thanks

If you've had your SIM for the same 4 years then it's probably time to replace it. Just take it to a T-mobile store and they'll give you a new one for free.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->