Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any tips in getting cheaper internet/data plan than 24.99 for my iphone?.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie Boo View Post
    I changed my phone on my-tmobile to a RAZR and still don't have the option for web2go. Before I go through the hassle of trying a CS chat I have a few questions -

1. If I switch from the smartphone plan to web2go I will have to add on texting seperately correct?
    2. What about data? Does web2go include data or will i have to add that also?

Thanks mmi peeps
    1) It's up to you. You can choose the $9.99 plan and that only includes unlimited data. The $19.99 plan includes unlimited data + unlimited text (these are both called web2go)

2) Web2go includes unlimited data.

Once again, whenever you chat with a CS representative, do not mention the iPhone. If possible, try switching your SIM card to a non-smartphone and register it to a T-mobile tower (turn it on). That way they can see that was the last phone you used, just in case. Good luck
    Last edited by adp; 2010-05-03 at 05:41 PM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

2. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

Vonnie Boo (2010-05-04)

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    1) It's up to you. You can choose the $9.99 plan and that only includes unlimited data. The $19.99 plan includes unlimited data + unlimited text (these are both called web2go)

2) Web2go includes unlimited data.

Once again, whenever you chat with a CS representative, do not mention the iPhone. If possible, try switching your SIM card to a non-smartphone and register it to a T-mobile tower (turn it on). That way they can see that was the last phone you used, just in case. Good luck
    Thanks for the help. I notice that when i'm trying to change it on myt-mobile.com there isn't a bundle option for 19.99, just unlimited messaging for 14.99 and then web2go for 10.00. Do you know if the options have changed or if I have to do a CS chat for the other option?

Thanks

I believe you have to contact T-mobile directly for that. Last I heard that plan is still active. You'll pay $19.99 instead of $24.99. Try doing it through chat first. It's kinda hard to find in the T-mobile website now, but it's still there. Whatever you do though, don't mention you have a smartphone, otherwise they'll try to force you into the 34.99 plan. If you already have the smartphone plan and want to switch to web2go, just tell them you no longer have your old smartphone.

Do you have to have a plan to qualify for this cheap web2go? Or can I just get a prepaid and have like nothing more then the minimum and never reload them and never use them and just use the web2go? Can this also be done this way with T-Zones?

Thanks

You need the minimum voice plan of 29.99 to get web2go. You can no longer get t-zones as a new customer. Prepaid doesn't have web2go. You can only get the sidekick data plan with prepaid, which requires a proxy login and you'll pay $1 per day of data use.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

^ ditto Even More Plus and Web2Go is your cheapest option. Acts like a real plan, but paid like prepaid; that's essentially what it is.

So you can no longer get the web2go for 10.00 a month? Because if that's true then I'll just go to virgin instead. I remember not to long ago, when I was a user of tmobile that it only cost 5.99 a month, and now it costs 30.00!!!!! WOW!

When did this change take place?

Also does anyone know what AT%T's best unlimited data plan would be?

Does anyone know something cheaper then Virgins 25.00 a month option?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Nobody said web2go is no longer available. You can get 9.99 web (unlimited--cheapest youll find yet) if you get a voice plan which comes either with a contract or without. It just doesnt apply to prepaid (the ones where you have to get refill cards). The Even More Plus acts like a normal plan but you pay it like its prepaid (prior to usage each month). That is the only "prepaid" option you can have if you want the web2go 9.99 unlimited web plan. I doubt Virgin mobile has a web plan for the prepaid phones let alone can it beat $9.99 a month. AT&T unlimited plans are more expensive than any other company aside from Verizon. Also, Virgin mobile doesnt support GSM phones so thats not an option either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by replytodan View Post
    So you can no longer get the web2go for 10.00 a month? Because if that's true then I'll just go to virgin instead. I remember not to long ago, when I was a user of tmobile that it only cost 5.99 a month, and now it costs 30.00!!!!! WOW!

When did this change take place?

Also does anyone know what AT%T's best unlimited data plan would be?

Does anyone know something cheaper then Virgins 25.00 a month option?
    It never was 5.99 a month alone. That was the T-zones data addition to a regular voice plan. So in reality the price has only gone up by $4. No one ever said that you couldn't get web2go, just like no one said that you could get it by itself. Every data service requires a voice plan.

If you're looking for cheaper than $40/month, forget about AT&T. The lowest per month you can get with the iPhone is $90/month (with minimum add-ons). Virgin USA is not compatible with the iPhone.

What Anniex is saying about Even More Plus working like pre-paid is correct. You don't sign a contract with T-mobile, so you pay a bill at the end of each month and can cancel service at any time.

"You can get 9.99 web (unlimited--cheapest youll find yet) if you get a voice plan which comes either with a contract or without."
    Well then whats the cheapest voiceplan with or without contract?

"The Even More Plus acts like a normal plan but you pay it like its prepaid (prior to usage each month). That is the only "prepaid" option you can have if you want the web2go 9.99 unlimited web plan"

Then how much is that plan?

Basically whats the cheapest plan I can get that I need to have that will allow me to get the unlimited datat? Since I won't be using the t-mobile plan for its minutes or anything else other then the data part.
    Last edited by replytodan; 2010-05-15 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Like I said in a previous post, the cheapest voice plan you can get is for $29.99 for 500 minutes. This is technically not "prepaid" because you'll be paying a minimum every month, but you can terminate service at any time.

For the "real" prepaid, you need the sidekick data plan with proxy access, but they charge $1/day of data + the sidekick data plan charge.

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse but their are so many messages I'm lost
    I currently have T-Mobile as my provider and my phone was damaged. I was considering buying an iphone. I currently have the option of the 9.99 unlimited web plan with t-mobile. Once I buy and jailbreak the iphone the unlimited web will work just like ATT's service? Does it matter what version of the iphone that I buy?

Thanks

It's your preference. All versions work with tmobile. iPhone works like
    AT&T without the 3G speed and visual voicemail. You do have the 9.99 unlimited data option but like we said you need the 29.99 voice plan with it

Thanks.
    I've got the get more 1000 with nights and weekends plan for around $50. I really just want to be able to access the internet wherever I am.
    Now I have to buy an iphone for a reasonable price

Thanks

Craigslist is the best option...make sure it's a legitimate LOCAL deal. Also, whenever you get the phone ask for specific instructions on how to add web2go.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

blosky2001 (2010-09-13)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123