Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any tips in getting cheaper internet/data plan than 24.99 for my iphone?.....

Thanks

^you just did the math, numbers don't lie

$40+$10 is less than $60

Haha cool, just seems dumb on T-mobile's part to out-price themselves. Thanks!

Thanks

Actually it's pretty smart, a lot of people pay the higher price for the same thing, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    Actually it's pretty smart, a lot of people pay the higher price for the same thing, so...
    I have been for the 3 months I've had it :P No more will I be a sucker!

you can get the $10 data plan by going to the tmobile website and choosing a razr for your phone. Then just change the carrier settings (many great posts in this forum with the settings to use.) Do it online though and don't call customer care and you'll have it in no time. Enjoy!

Can you still get your email?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jercdevil View Post
    Can you still get your email?
    Yes, all the apps have data
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Can anyone confirm that this is still indeed working?

I currently have an Even More Plus plan for $59.99 for 500 talk + ulimited text + unlimited web. Setup with a Blackberry 9700.

I logged into tmobile and changed my phone to be a motorola razr v3.

I then went to my plan and changed it from the $59.99 for talk/text/web to $39.99 for the same plan without web.

Then I went to the services page to add the web2go or whatever tmobile is calling their $9.99 data plan. However, only the Hot Spot and $1.99/mb plan show up under data? I have read several posts on this site linking the issue to needing to have a dumb phone selected instead of a smart phone, which I have done yet the data plan I want does not appear.

Any ideas?

P.S. I also tried the motorola pebble and same thing, only the 2 data options appear.

Thanks

If it doesn't show up online then you can try doing it by CS chat, then by phone (by calling from a dumbphone) and going to the store - in that order.

Just a few questions regarding T-Mobile.

1. My brother has a 2G iPhone and it has been jailbroken and unlocked. If he adds the web2go service for $9.99, then he will get internet (edge) service and it will work on his 2G iPhone?

2. Is there a cap of how much internet you can use?

3. If he does all this can he use MiWi to tether it to the iPad for instance?

Thanks all!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moviecouple View Post
    Just a few questions regarding T-Mobile.

1. My brother has a 2G iPhone and it has been jailbroken and unlocked. If he adds the web2go service for $9.99, then he will get internet (edge) service and it will work on his 2G iPhone?

2. Is there a cap of how much internet you can use?

3. If he does all this can he use MiWi to tether it to the iPad for instance?

Thanks all!
    1) Yes

2) No, unlimited

3) Yes, but it's extremely slow.
    Last edited by adp; 2010-04-10 at 12:28 AM.

Is there anyway to get faster speeds with the 3G or is Edge pretty much it?

Thanks

^ do you mean with 3g data or iPhone 3g?

Thanks

Nope, with tmobile all you're gonna get is edge no matter what phone you have. It's a small price to pay for a significant saving in comparison to at&t

Thanks for the information guys!

I just bought my old company iPhone 3G (which I'm the only one who's used it, so it's in really good shape) and I was about to get the $59.99 plan with 500 min+unlmt txt+unlmt data, but now that you gave me this tips I will be able to save $10, which is a lot considering that many of us are under a budget.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just switch your sim to your razr, call tmobile and tell them u want webtogo $9.99 and then wait till it activates then use it with your iphone. Simple as that

What's the correct bundle for this method? The "legacy" one resets to epc.tmobile.com, not internet2.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    What's the correct bundle for this method? The "legacy" one resets to epc.tmobile.com, not internet2.
    If you properly install Legacy, it will restart your settings to internet2.

1) Delete any old carrier bundles
    2) Search in Cydia for "Legacy" and select the first result.
    3) Go to Settings- General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

That should do it

I changed my phone on my-tmobile to a RAZR and still don't have the option for web2go. Before I go through the hassle of trying a CS chat I have a few questions -

1. If I switch from the smartphone plan to web2go I will have to add on texting seperately correct?
    2. What about data? Does web2go include data or will i have to add that also?

Thanks mmi peeps

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Don't use razr try another phone like the nokia candy bar style phones (any non smartphone basically). Web2go we are talking about here is the data plan. You can add the 9.99 texting unlimited plan anytime anyway whether online or through CS regardless of the phone you've "selected". So yes text is added separately, and web2go=data plan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast