Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to start using t[mobile

Default how to start using t[mobile
    okay i have unlocked my iphone 3gs and i want to start using tmobile.I have a sim coming that i bought off ebay.So how do i get started?Just put the sim in and activate it?do i need to cal tmobile to get service or is there a hack or patch i need to put onto my iphone.It is jailbroken and i have cyndia installed.I just need a little help about getting started.Thanks.i am tring to save some money.AT&t is too expensive and tmobile has more reasonable prices.I dont talk much on my cell but i need internet,which plan should i get.Should i get prepaid or what?Just a little clueless on cell phones and plans.
    Last edited by mikeym41240; 2010-03-19 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks

You didn't really need to purchase a SIM card because you will get one for free once you choose service. There's no "hack" to use T-mobile for free. Check out this link and choose the plan that suits your needs...
    Unsupported Browser
    If you want a 2-year contract go for Even more. If you don't want a contract (most likely) then choose the Even More Plus. Once you see the one you like choose whether you want unlimited text (+$10) and then add the $10 web2go unlimited data (if you want to use cellular data, otherwise you'll only be able to use wifi). Let me know if you have any other questions.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

mikeym41240 (2010-03-19)

can i go with prepaid and still get data service?i can hardly ever use 500 minutes.just trying to go cheap as possible on my iphone.Also i have had my iphone for almost a month now.Do i have to pay that first bill to at&t if i were to cancel before my month was up.I know that i will have to pay whatever for the phone because it is a great phone.damn i wish i knew that i could get a free sim before i bought one.
    Last edited by mikeym41240; 2010-03-19 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeym41240 View Post
    can i go with prepaid and still get data service?i can hardly ever use 500 minutes.just trying to go cheap as possible on my iphone.Also i have had my iphone for almost a month now.Do i have to pay that first bill to at&t if i were to cancel before my month was up.I know that i will have to pay whatever for the phone because it is a great phone.damn i wish i knew that i could get a free sim before i bought one.
    The only prepaid data service that T-Mobile offers is Flexpay, and that has to be purchased with a minimum voice plan of 29.99.

So you bought your iPhone off AT&T? In that case, you can cancel after your first month and pay the ($175 I believe) Early Termination Fee. Did you attempt to buy a barely used 3GS from Craigslist? Because you end up paying more if you do the cancel-contract method with AT&T. I've seen 3GS iPhones going for $350 in Craigslist. When you buy off AT&T you pay for the phone ($199 or $299) plus the $30 activation fee, plus the first month (minimum of $60) and the $175 fee for ETF. That's around $450-$550...

another question.can i transfer my old number to use with my new sim card?

Thanks

another question.can i transfer my old number to use with my new sim card?
    Unsupported Browser

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    The only prepaid data service that T-Mobile offers is Flexpay, and that has to be purchased with a minimum voice plan of 29.99.

So you bought your iPhone off AT&T? In that case, you can cancel after your first month and pay the ($175 I believe) Early Termination Fee. Did you attempt to buy a barely used 3GS from Craigslist? Because you end up paying more if you do the cancel-contract method with AT&T. I've seen 3GS iPhones going for $350 in Craigslist. When you buy off AT&T you pay for the phone ($199 or $299) plus the $30 activation fee, plus the first month (minimum of $60) and the $175 fee for ETF. That's around $450-$550...
    No way! iPhones over in my city for about 400-550 for a 3GS
    If I helped thank me!

Are you unlocked? I don't seem to understand if you are or aren't.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    Are you unlocked? I don't seem to understand if you are or aren't.
    okay i have unlocked my iphone 3gs and i want to start using tmobile

Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    No way! iPhones over in my city for about 400-550 for a 3GS
    Well that's the lowest I've seen them going for legitimately (meaning there's an actual number to call, not a scam e-mail). I live in South Florida. It depends on your city and the demand/competition. I bought my 3G a couple months after it came out for $350 off Craigslist, when they were selling for $600 on eBay
    Last edited by adp; 2010-03-20 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yeah i'm unlocked.i havent ever messed around with switching sims before.just trying to get a cheaper bill.

I have a factory unlocked iPhone and I wish to use it on T-mobile. It seems that I can purchase the even more plus plan ($39.99 for unlimited talk + text) online with just the sim card, and then add the $10 data package. I'm wondering if I go into a T-mobile store would they let me get the same plan and get the $10 data package, or will they ask me to get the $59.99 unlimited everything plan (even more plus)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    I have a factory unlocked iPhone and I wish to use it on T-mobile. It seems that I can purchase the even more plus plan ($39.99 for unlimited talk + text) online with just the sim card, and then add the $10 data package. I'm wondering if I go into a T-mobile store would they let me get the same plan and get the $10 data package, or will they ask me to get the $59.99 unlimited everything plan (even more plus)?
    You should be able to do it from the T-mobile store, but if you go make sure you don't take or mention your iPhone. If you have a crappy GSM phone like a Nokia or Motorola take it and tell them you're gonna use that. You can also borrow someone else's for that purpose. If you don't that's ok, just try to tell them you'll be using a RAZR or something like that. Even More Plus Talk+text+$10 web2go is the cheapest way to get data as a new customer

14. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

KHH (2010-03-23)

i got my tmobile sim card in and i activated it thru tmobile web site.i got the sidekick plan.after i put the card in,the iphone says unauthorized sim card or something and for me to connect to itunes.I thought i had it unlocked with blacksnow.Is there something else i need to do to get the card to work.I got the text from tmobile telling me that i was activated but i cant get out of the emergency dial screen.Also letters are in japanese and stuff.What do i need to do now.

Thanks

Restore (Using custom IPSW). Re-jailbreak. Re-unlock
    Last edited by adp; 2010-03-23 at 07:40 PM.

now i have a bigger problem,i have a black screen and i cant get it to come on.Been trying all day.restore isnt working.have tried redsnow,blackrain,etc.should i updtae to 3.1.3 now?

NO, do not upgrade to 3.1.3. Please read the posts om upgrading!!!!!!

Do not upgrade to 3.1.3!!!! Please read the upgrading posts....
    Last edited by drbf; 2010-03-23 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

@ADP - why would you tell him to restore to 3.1.3?

Thanks

Blacksn0w unlocks it as of yesterday (with the old baseband)

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...5-11-07-a.html

I would have redirected him to update using a custom IPSW. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Of course, he could also restore to a custom 3.1.2 IPSW. I didn't mean for him to update directly through iTunes
    Last edited by adp; 2010-03-23 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

well right now i think i have bricked my phone.cant restore or anything.it tries torestore than halfway thru i get 1600 error codes.any one know how i can get my phone restored?

Thanks

Have u tries going into DFU mode?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast