Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G v 3.1.2 Stuck on Searching

Default iPhone 3G v 3.1.2 Stuck on Searching
    The last couple of days my wife's iPhone running 3.1.2 mostly sits on searching and rarely gets a lock on a network. Her phone is unlocked and is running on T-mobile. I just tried doing a restore with 3.1.2 and same issue. It doesn't seem to ever get service. It just sits on Searching or No Service. Any ideas what the issue is? Is maybe T-mobile having an issue with iPhones on their network? My Nexus One isn't having any issues.

I'm having the same problem as well.

Mine is working fine again. I believe it was because of the rain; yesterday was raining really hard here where I live, even some tress felt down.
    Last edited by cper; 2010-03-14 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It might be the SIM card, I had the same issue and got a new SIM and everything works like magic. Take the SIM out and wipe the gold contacts on the SIM and insert back in to see if it helps. If she has an old SIM card she may just wanna swing by T-Mobile store and get a new one.
    If I helped you hit the "Thanks"!

I can say it's not the sim since I have tried 3 other T-mobile SIMs and 2 AT&T SIMs. None resolve the issue. Except for a few minutes of the day, it won't get a signal, and when it does, it can barely make a minute phone call or sent out more couple of texts.

Thanks

Re-jailbreak, re-unlock. What method did you use last time?
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Don't it every which way possible. Even a fresh restore and then popping in an AT&T SIM without jailbreaking. It doesn't do any better.

Thanks

If you have done every unlocking method and it doesn't work on any SIM card then you have to look into hardware issues of the phone itself and not software/carrier issues. Did it pickup AT&T signal?
    Last edited by adp; 2010-03-15 at 09:12 PM.

You phone probably has a problem with the antenna, where its connected with the main board. If that's the case, then you will have to dissemble the phone and check it.

If it did not get signal with ATT, then it's probably a hardware fault. I had the same problem with another phone

iPhone? More like MyPhone after_burners's Avatar
    Thanks

I get the same prob on voda uk

I sent it into Mission Repair so we shall see what they say. THey should get it on Monday.

Please let us know what they say

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i had the same problem, easy fix. what you do is, go to cydia, go to manage, sources, add blackweather. and then done. then go into the blackra1n source and install. reboot, and it'll bring up t-mobile. see if that helps you, it worked for me

hmm, why does it auto correct to blackweather. haha, type blackra1n.com
    Last edited by 1ucky11; 2010-03-22 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by 1ucky11 View Post
    i had the same problem, easy fix. what you do is, go to cydia, go to manage, sources, add blackweather. and then done. then go into the blackra1n source and install. reboot, and it'll bring up t-mobile. see if that helps you, it worked for me

hmm, why does it auto correct to blackweather. haha, type blackra1n.com
    How does that have anything to do when I restore it, don/t jailbreak it, and it won't connect to AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by drbf View Post
    Please let us know what they say
    Got a call today from them but wasn't able to answer. Should know tomorrow morning what the deal is. The voicemail did say they think they know the issue, just didn't say what.
    Last edited by phenixdragon; 2010-03-23 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Sorry, i thought you were having troubles with "t-mobile" showing up. cause mine was like that after I unlocked and jailbreaked. it was just showing "searching"

Looks like there is an issue with the dock connector and they suggest that the whole logic board needs to be replaced, $350. So my wife is probably going to go to Apple, give the puppy dog eyes and see if they will do an out of warranty replacement and then sell it since the replacement won't be unlocked. Maybe she will end up with an Android phone for now.

She was able to get them to replace the phone twice before with a crack screen when each time she was the one who broke it and threw it on the ground.

Thanks

$350! That's ridiculous you can get a 3GS for that off craigslist. They were probably just trying to get money off of u. Good luck with the apple store...

Well you can't get an unlocked 3GS for $350 but I can get a 8GB 3G for less then $300, which is what the phone I sent in is.

Thanks

I don't know where you live but around here you can definitely get a 16Gb (32Gb if you are persistent) 3GS for $350 either jailbroken/unlocked or you can do it yourself. And a 8Gb 3G is going for around $250 nowadays.
    Last edited by adp; 2010-03-24 at 01:16 PM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

eBay and the various cities I have looked for Craigslist they parallel eBay prices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast