Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ActivateMMS2G No More?

Default ActivateMMS2G No More?
    Does activatemms2g not exist anymore in cdyia? I'm trying to get mms working on my iPhone 2g 3.0 that I bought yesterday.

Any help?

Use google and you'll find a repo that tends to carry a lot of cracked apps.

Beware as they do have a dependency that requires their own carrier settings.

Once you've installed all their crap, install Spooky's carrier bundle (which ever one applies to you).

Quote Originally Posted by GreekSkillz View Post
    Does activatemms2g not exist anymore in cdyia? I'm trying to get mms working on my iPhone 2g 3.0 that I bought yesterday.

Any help?
    Where you able to find de ActivateMMS2G file, if not let me know I have the .deb file that you can install directly on your iphone and will bring back the activate... on cydia. I had to look all over until finally found it and installed. That is the only way 'cause it was removed from the repo. Mind this is only for 3.0 and 2G, not for 3.1 or 3.1.2 , if you updated won't work as far as I read all over. Me, I'm staying with 3.0 until things start to work on the updates, tired of unlock, jailbreak and restore my phone spending days !!!

Thanks

repo fishbone.ge

can you give me the file or tell me how to get it for windows cause i can't find the activatemms2g anywhere either

Follow the instructions in the zip.

Running the terminal input will create a backup of your CommCenter and M68AP.plist.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lecram25; 2009-10-23 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperflyJimmy View Post
    Does this work with 3.1? Seems a little odd nobody has discussed this method before.

add, this repo. www.sinfuliphone/repo/ they have it and a lot more. also after you download, on the apn settings (top and bottom) write wap.voicestream.com , reboot and your pictures come out nice and clear. no more bluriness.

Thanks

Sorry but the right repo link is www-sinfuliphonerepo-com (instead of - use . ) !!!

If you read the comments on that tutorial, everyones phone is getting bricked it seems. I don't trust it.

Does anyone know the actual method these packages use to enable MMS? I would like to have such information in the back of my head in case THESE packages disappear, too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

przeman25 (2009-11-03)

Thanks

yeah i was installing from repo fishbone.ge mms activate and after restart apple logo was all time !! (need to restore).

So anyone figure out how to make setting stick when you are using two different APNs for internet and MMS? If they are both set to wap then settings stick. but just upgraded to web2go and have to use internet2 for internet APN and wap for MMS APN.

update: 12/12/09

Never mind got it. Edited carier.plist with WinSCP. Uninstalled all the other pkages from everywhere else.
    Last edited by robertguero; 2009-12-12 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Follow the instructions in the zip.

Running the terminal input will create a backup of your CommCenter and M68AP.plist.
    I just tried this method & it bricked my phone...

repo fishbone.ge

I added this repo & then downloaded their program - but it never worked. It kept saying that it needed an update in Cydia...

I guess it was not meant for me to have MMS right now...
    Last edited by CrzyBeautiful; 2009-12-19 at 04:49 AM.

The only way it will "brick" your phone is if you dont give correct permission to Commcenter.

Also it didnt "brick" your phone. Brick means that you can never ever anymore forever no way use it as a phone. In other words it is a paper weight.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robertguero View Post
    The only way it will "brick" your phone is if you dont give correct permission to Commcenter.

Also it didnt "brick" your phone. Brick means that you can never ever anymore forever no way use it as a phone. In other words it is a paper weight.
    I am not trying to be rude, so please don't take offense - but I know what the terminology of "brick" is.

When powered on the iPhone stayed on the apple logo screen and did nothing. If I didn't know how to "unbrick" it then it would have stayed on that screen never to be used again, a paper weight as you say. There are some people who use & read these forums & when they see that apple logo stay on their screen for days on end & they don't know how to get rid of it - they freak out and run to the apple store or sell their iPhone on eBay.

I followed the directions completely - it didn't work for me. However, I am sure that it works for others. My post was meant to serve as a warning that most people ignore when tweaking their phones "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK"

When and if I ever "brick" my phone then that means I cant use it again ever never.

You just screwed up the load. So I guess when you get a blue screen on a windows machine you consider it "bricked". Hey guess what your car ran out of gas I guess its "bricked". Hey batteries are dead in the TV remote so its "bricked" too.

Never mind not worth it.

Like I said only way you get to that state is by not giving correct permission to Commcenter or deleting Commcenter and placing the new one in the wrong directory.

Have done the above on 4 different phones. Have never had an issue UNLESS I did not give Commcenter correct permission.

Really sounds like user error
    Last edited by robertguero; 2009-12-20 at 01:40 AM.

Okay, I downloaded the deb file, and I can ssh into my phone, but I don't understand the instructions which say:

How to make mms on 2g.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. For install copy mms2g.deb to iphone in folder, for example /var/root
    2. Then in same folder (/var/root) in terminal input: dpkg -i mms2g.deb
    3. Reboot.
    or
    1. Extract files from Patch.zip to iphone to folders same as arhive. For CommCenter chmod 755.
    2. Reboot.

Okay, so in very plain English, how do you do this? What exact folder in the iphone do you copy the .deb file? And what is a terminal input? And where do I enter that? And what folder do I copy the patch? and what is commcenter? I'm sorry for all the questions, I just don't know how to follow these instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzymandias View Post
    Okay, I downloaded the deb file, and I can ssh into my phone, but I don't understand the instructions which say:

How to make mms on 2g.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. For install copy mms2g.deb to iphone in folder, for example /var/root
    2. Then in same folder (/var/root) in terminal input: dpkg -i mms2g.deb
    3. Reboot.
    or
    1. Extract files from Patch.zip to iphone to folders same as arhive. For CommCenter chmod 755.
    2. Reboot.

Okay, so in very plain English, how do you do this? What exact folder in the iphone do you copy the .deb file? And what is a terminal input? And where do I enter that? And what folder do I copy the patch? and what is commcenter? I'm sorry for all the questions, I just don't know how to follow these instructions.
    You're making it too hard on yourself. And they claim you're the smartest man on Earth! :P

Anyway, restore to 3.1.2 and follow the easy steps in this thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Data/Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS)

EDIT: You get Bluetooth and tethering plus better battery life with the new patch (versus ActivateMMS2G).
    Last edited by Lecram25; 2010-01-23 at 07:58 AM.