Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g iphone question

Default 3g iphone question
    ok i have a iphone 3g it has the 3.1 firmware on it and the baseband is updated but i have seen places say that i may can downgrade the baseband with fuzzyband but i cant figure out how to jailbreak it to get fuzzyband can some help i have tried a few times and get errors

what errors are you getting? are you using a custom .ipsw, or are you using redsn0w??
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

i have tried to use a custom ipsw but it dosent work i dont know a good place to get one and im new to using a torrent application i have bittorrent see i already have one 3g i used a custom ipsw to upgrade it to 3.1 without updateing my baseband but this one the baseband is updated already

u have to downgrade it back to 3.0 or 3.0.1 first then jailbreak using redsnow.... get fuzzyband from cydia... downgrade the baseband... then upgrade to 3.1 or 3.1.2 with custom firmware

i am having trouble getting it back to 3.0 i have tried following the guides and its just not working right for some reason but i am just trying to sell it so im not going to worry about it anymore