Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ...Just lookin for some wifi connection

Default ...Just lookin for some wifi connection
    Thanks for everyone thats lookin
    I'm new to the iPhone world but anyways I have a 2g iPhone on 3.0.1FW with T-mobile and I cant get any WIFI connection for the phone at first I thought you couldn't get WIFI on a Jail broken/Unlocked Iphone with T-mobile until I saw this video of this guy who got edge(what is that by the way?),WIFI, and MMS on his iPhone(also what is MMS?)...But just to let ya know when I go under the WIFI connection it just keeps searchin and searchin and im sick of it and i was wonderin if there was anyway to fix this otherwise I might sell it a get a mytouch...also in order to get wifi to work do i have to get a data plan?

Thanks again Creg

Thanks

To get the wifi working it mus be enable sounds like it is, you might wat to restore and rejailbreak first, but check around first before you up grade to a cetain one, becausethen you might not be about to get tmobile on it.
    Also MMS is Multimedia Messaging Service and then EDGE is the enternet connection that phones you, and they have a faster internet connection that is call 3G, and in order to get wifi to work you don't need a dtat plan, wifi is you wireless internet around if you have a router you should be able to find it, but if you don't then you might not have a wireleess internet around you

Hope this helps

thanks for the advice but that didnt fix it ...but i did find swfi but my wifi not greyed out its just keeps searchin for a connection or wifi server but could I use it anyway? or is there any solution to this other than redoin everything ? or do i have to get a data plan?

Thanks

Ummm look around the forums thats what i can think of, maybe it could be a internal problem, but no you don't need a data plan wifi is a totally different thing it doesnt connect to the phone service it connects to like a router that you may have at home like wireless inter.