Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Noob Question

iPhone? More like MyPhone 40ozBulldog's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone Noob Question
    Im switching from Verizon to T-mobile and I have a couple questions.

1. I want to make sure that there is a way to use an iPhone on t-mobile without having to have a data plan. The phone has WIFI and I dont need a data plan because im either at home or work and I have wireless at both places.

2. I want to do the flex-pay so I dont have to sign a contract. And just want to make sure I can use the iphone on their flex-pay plans. Didnt know if they used a different system with those plans in stead of the sim card deal.

Thanks so much!!

Thanks
    Default 3.1 unlock?
    ok so im about to buy an iPhone 3G in an hour,

the guys thats going to sell it to me said that he just updated it to 3.1. (with the apple direct update) . when i told him i was going to use it with t-mobile he said unlocking will work fine with 3.1.

my question is: Is he lying to me just so i can buy the iPhone from him? because i read that if you update to 3.1 (with the apple direct update) you were not able to unlock UNLESS you were lucky and had one of the rare iPhones 3Gs that had an older baseband.but then he said that the iPhone was only a couple weeks old

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sansan View Post
    ok so im about to buy an iPhone 3G in an hour,

the guys thats going to sell it to me said that he just updated it to 3.1. (with the apple direct update) . when i told him i was going to use it with t-mobile he said unlocking will work fine with 3.1.

my question is: Is he lying to me just so i can buy the iPhone from him? because i read that if you update to 3.1 (with the apple direct update) you were not able to unlock UNLESS you were lucky and had one of the rare iPhones 3Gs that had an older baseband.but then he said that the iPhone was only a couple weeks old

HELP PLEASE!!!!
    3.1 will not unlock when updated through iTunes...not going to happen. You can check the settings - general - about check the modem firmware, if it says 06.02 it won't..there's another as well

Quote Originally Posted by 40ozBulldog View Post
    Im switching from Verizon to T-mobile and I have a couple questions.

1. I want to make sure that there is a way to use an iPhone on t-mobile without having to have a data plan. The phone has WIFI and I dont need a data plan because im either at home or work and I have wireless at both places.

2. I want to do the flex-pay so I dont have to sign a contract. And just want to make sure I can use the iphone on their flex-pay plans. Didnt know if they used a different system with those plans in stead of the sim card deal.

Thanks so much!!
    1. Yes you can use it without having a data and works just fine...not sure about mms you may need to have a different mms program.

2. Not sure about flex-pay...I'm on post pay but it should be the same
    Last edited by BCollins521; 2009-10-16 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Flex pay works just fine. That is what I am using. They give you an actual sim card to put into your phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 40ozBulldog's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moobs View Post
    Flex pay works just fine. That is what I am using. They give you an actual sim card to put into your phone.
    Great thanks!!