Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G won't respond to nothing

Thanks
    Unhappy iPhone 3G won't respond to nothing
    about 2 weeks ago my iPhone 3G running pwnagetool custom created ipsw 3.0.1 using ultrasn0w for unlock... hasn't responded to nothing.. the battery was low i forgot to charge it next morning i plugged it in nothing happened.. plugged into mac phone seems to be in restore mode.. tried to reload custom ipsw's and it almost completes until it hangs on "verify iPhone restore" is my phone in a coma lol? i thought the battery could be to blame so i bought a battery and replaced it still same symptoms idk what else to do soon as i unhook usb cable screen goes black and doesnt respond to nothing hard reset nor soft reset or is it just hardware that gave out?

I highly doubt its hardware failure... But it could be

Have you tried getting it into DFU mode?

How about the "hold home while plugging it in" trick?
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

Also hold the power and home button, or call apple and just pretend you have a orininal firmware and see what They say

Thanks
    i've tried DFU mode and i also have tried doing the Home button while plugging in trick it just hangs..

Thanks

Try on a different computer

mine did the same thing after i dropped it in water. when the phone eventually dried up it starting to respond again. i just left it plugged in.

i would just keep trying to dfu or "shift restore". be careful not to install 3.1.X ohnoes

Thanks
    i've tried to load custom ipsw on a pc i guess i'll leave it plugged in hopefully it comes back to life soon..

Try loading the real Apple 3.0.1 firmware, just to take the "custom firmware" out of the equation. I'm sure its just something simple. Where exactly does it hang? At the very end of the verifying iPhone restore? Try leaving it at that point for at least 30 minutes...

Maybe try the restore on a friends mac?
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks
    yeah it hangs at the end as of right now it's been "restoring iphone firmware" for 15 hours straight... i've tried to load a official apple ipsw 3.1.2 and it hangs at the same spot at the end weird eh.. i even uninstalled itunes on both mac and windows still same results.. i got a brick now time to purchase a new iphone i guess..