Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Singapore 3G(S) iPhone on T-Mobile

Default Singapore 3G(S) iPhone on T-Mobile
    Hello, I've got an iPhone 3GS, factory unlocked, that I purchased from Singtel in Singapore. I'm going to be doing some work in the US over the next few months and I need a carrier that can let me do the following with my iPhone.

a) Make calls (local and international) and probably from multiple cities so I'd like to avoid roaming charges without having to change phone numbers every time I go to a new US city.

b) Probably pre-paid of some sort because I don't want to sign a contract.

c) Ability to SMS/MMS.

d) 3G (phone data network) data transmission capability, mostly to get emails when I am not near a wifi.

Seems like AT&T or T-Mobile are the only choices. My Asian friends say T-Mobile will be better.

Appreciate your views as to best plans (probably over 500 minutes talk time per month at least), plus problems I am likely to encounter.

Many thanks.

i'm not sure if Att or T-mobile does seasonal call plans. you might have to try Pre-paid first.
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

if 3g is really important to you, you gotta go AT&T.

But if you'll just be checking e-mails, the edge from t-mobile will do just fine.

For that just buy a pre-paid t-mobile card, and put in the proper settings, (which can be found on this forum)
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!