Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: internet2.voicestream.com question

Default internet2.voicestream.com question
    Today i called a tmobile rep to activate a $9.99 internet plan.
    He said it would take about 24-48 hours to activate. A few hours later..and I'm currently using internet2.voicestream.com which works. My question is..without a data or internet plan, even if someone entered in the APN address they would not be able to access the internet on their phone correct? (I'm just making sure so I dont get charged extra fees)

And whats the difference between the 3 APN addresses. Thanks!

yes you must have a data plan to access the internet. you can access your account and simple account related items if you don't have a data plan. like the t-zones button on a non-iphone phone.

wap.voicestream.com -> t-zones
    internet2.voicestream.com -> web2go
    epc.voicestream.com -> BB data plan. <-- Thanks BCollins521 <-- thanks Corkey20000

I was thinking how epic it was for epc.voicestream.com
    Last edited by chessyang; 2009-10-11 at 10:57 PM.
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

epc.tmobile.com works great with my BB data plan and I can switch back to my BB anytime, worth it to me

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BCollins521 For This Useful Post:

chessyang (2009-10-11)

Quote Originally Posted by mrguyname View Post
    Today i called a tmobile rep to activate a $9.99 internet plan.
    He said it would take about 24-48 hours to activate. A few hours later..and I'm currently using internet2.voicestream.com which works. My question is..without a data or internet plan, even if someone entered in the APN address they would not be able to access the internet on their phone correct? (I'm just making sure so I dont get charged extra fees)

And whats the difference between the 3 APN addresses. Thanks!
    Even when you enter the right APN settings, if you don't have data, it will just load to a page that will try to sell you the web2go plan... there are work arounds, but for the most part, if your getting online, t-mobile already activated your web2go
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

I've been using wap.voicestream.com on mine and I have the BB data plan. Which APN is the snappiest though?

Also, it is EPC not ep"I"c
    Last edited by corkey20000; 2009-10-11 at 06:28 PM.