Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Maybe this will help some people.

Default Maybe this will help some people.
    I see alot of repeat questions popping up in this forum, and just wanted to share how I got signed up with T-mobile using just my iPhone and no other phone.

I bought an iPhone 3g from a friend of mine, and jailbroke/unlocked it running firmware 3.0.1 (7A400)

I just really wanted internet on it, and decided to try out AT&T gophone data. $50 and three weeks later, I realized that I would need more than the measly 100MB they give with the $25 option. So, I opted for T-mobile, because I had read that their data plan was $20 cheaper than the iphone data plan through AT&T.

Doing some research I found the flexpay 300 minutes with my faves was the way to go, adding the web2go option. I chose the myfaves option because I can make outgoing calls free just by using my google voice number as one of my faves. I was a little hesitant to bring my iPhone into a store and tell them that I wanted the we2go option, fearing that I would be shot down.

I looked around town, and to my surprise there was no T-mobile store in my area. I then called up T-mobile, and got hooked up with a really nice representative. I simply told him I wanted 300 minutes with myfaves and web2go. I also asked that they send out a sim card ($12 for the card). All my requests were granted without any question of what phone I was using.

My sim card arrived a few days later, and I plugged it into my phone, expecting to have to activate the card. But to my surprise receiving and make calls worked the minute I put the sim in the phone. However data was not. I remedied this by downloading a package from cydia following the guide found in this forum:

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...er-bundle.html

In the end, I am paying $58 a month with 300 minutes, free outgoing calls (thanks to google voice), myfaves, and unlimited data. I could add on texting for another $10, but why do that when I have free texting through google voice, which I have sent to my email that has push notifications for the phone.

Note: I signed up for the service at the end of September, so all web2go data plans should still be working.

Feel free to ask questions.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moobs For This Useful Post:

chessyang (2009-10-05), GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (2009-10-12)

thanks. stick around cuzz each week we have new people to help out. i was hoping the mods or admins could swap out the stickies or redo some steps but all in all each experience helps the next.

thanks
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

Thanks

I've been with tmo for a few years and as many know from other posts I was able to get Tzones a month or so ago anyhow my set up with the loyalty plans is as follows I run 2 iPhones family time unlimited loyalty plan family time text and tzones on both for 111.00 a month considering my old Unlimted plan on just my line was 99.99 I'm pretty happy
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you