Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Sync (gmail push) not updating inbox??

Default Google Sync (gmail push) not updating inbox??
    I have an iphone 3g ulocked on tmobile. I installed google sync which updates my contacts and calendars. But when I use the mail.app on my iphone, it doesn't sync my mail box. I have new messages in my gmail account (i can view them through mobile safari) but my mail.app when i open it just says, "connecting" or "checking for new mail" and then doesn't download the messages in my mailbox. Sometimes it will download the news messages, but it's not until like 3 or 4 hours after i get them.

Any ideas? Just something on google's end? or is it me?

happens to me too

Banned
    Thanks

Hmmm..interesting. Mine is still updating as of now.

Mine is updating, but its not instant.

Mine wasn't updating either. So I just turned off the mail option under the sync (I still want my contacts and calendar updated) and I added my gmail account back under the mail.

SOLUTION: I had to disable my the other gmail account on the phone to get it to work. As soon as I disabled it google sync worked fine. push emails work too. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ONLY RUNNING GOOGLE SYNC AND NOT ANOTHER GMAIL ACCOUNT (that fetches) IN THE SAME TIME.
    Last edited by notdave; 2009-10-09 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by notdave View Post
    SOLUTION: I had to disable my the other gmail account on the phone to get it to work. As soon as I disabled it google sync worked fine. push emails work too. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ONLY RUNNING GOOGLE SYNC AND NOT ANOTHER GMAIL ACCOUNT (that fetches) IN THE SAME TIME.
    hmm...i tried this, but mine push is still not working. It must be something to do with google.

dont know what i did but now push is working again

ok..nevermind my previous comment. i think google is working out kinks with this because mine is off and on.

Same here. It'll go a few hours not updating and then be fine after that.