Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: someone plz help me get internet, T-Mobile

Default someone plz help me get internet, T-Mobile
    what i have:
    original iPhone unlocked and jailbroken on 3.0 firmware
    Unlimited Web + Unlimited Messages for phones

i have used the config utility and made an APN (wap.voicestream .com)and on named (epc.tmobile.com) I installed them both on my phone and nothing happened. I dont even hsve sn option to configure EDGE on my phone.

how do i get this to work?

please help
    Last edited by disceptre; 2009-10-01 at 09:50 PM.

You need to use internet2.voicestream.com

Lovely

Not

OK, So I downloaded the T-Mobile US Carrier Bundle from Cydia and right after I installed it, I got an mms message that I tried about an hour before and my edge started working.

problem is, now i cant send ANY text at all and i havnt recieved any so i imagine i cant. Edge still works, whats going on?

The only settings I have in are the epc.tmobile.com and my mms and sms both work for t-mobile. I don't think I even the carrier bundle from cydia. you may want to try just that.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Activate MMS from cydia for 2G phone should activate your MMS. Delete
    the carrier bundle. Reset your network. Install Activate MMS and manually type in internet2.voicestream.com into APN.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    You need to use internet2.voicestream.com
    Ditto.

i got it working, just had to download the carrier bundle in cydia and thats it.

How do you sent a picture ?
    Ive installed the 2g mms thing mentioned above and nothing has changed
    Bee..

Never Mind
    You have to put the settings in before the little camera button appears in sms
    Bee..
    Last edited by bee121; 2009-10-04 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dear Disceptre,
    what the carrier bundle you download in cydia ?? T-Mobile US carrier or T-mobile US carrier Inter ??

Quote Originally Posted by bee121 View Post
    How do you sent a picture ?
    Ive installed the 2g mms thing mentioned above and nothing has changed
    Bee..

Never Mind
    You have to put the settings in before the little camera button appears in sms
    Bee..
    What settings you have to put?
    I installed the MMS package from Cydia and in the MMS optins it shows the value for MMS but on the message icon it doesnt show the camera button. But when I go to ssome picture in camera roll and then clik on options it gives me option to send it as sms. So it means it works but why doesnt it shows the camera button? or when I click on message icon it gives me the option to send MMS?

try resetting network settings
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!