Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Having problems getting Internet/Tethering/MMS on your iPhone? LOOK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    What is it your having problems with, i am on a 2g on t-mobile also running firmware 3.0 with no problems...whats the problem? I can try to help
    dude, i will pay you if you get mine working. do you have gmail or AIM or a phone number we can text. AIM preferred. pm me

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya man no problem no need to pay me my aim is vantheman169

3. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

disceptre (2009-10-02)

Thanks

i have a family plan easy pay.. does that make a diff? whats postpaid and flex paid and all those shinanigans? i still cant get my data workign for some reason =\ its been like 3 weeks alryd :[

Here's what I did to get my internet working on 3.0 fw (I had a wireless internet connection to do this):

First I installed the T-Mobile US Carrier via Cydia.
    Rebooted the iPhone.
    I then installed the T-mobile US apn from help.benm.at. The site is pretty self explanatory.
    Rebooted the iPhone.
    Then I went to http://adamkparker.com/downloads/iph...b.mobileconfig and installed that apn.
    Rebooted the iPhone.
    Made sure all the settings were the same as the directions given on Get MMS & Tethering Working on iPhone OS 3.0 (T-Mobile) except the mms apn, I changed that to internet2.voicestream.com. (Not sure if it matters, because I don't use MMS)

Not sure if all these steps are necessary, but it worked for me.

Internet and tethering working on iPhone 3g with 3.0.1 fw. Using web2go. Let me know if this helps.

Note: With just the help.benm.at apn installed my tethering option kept disappearing. However, when I installed the adamkparker apn and rebooted the iPhone, the problem went away.
    Last edited by moobs; 2009-10-05 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks

nah still dont work.. i guess i should give up huh =[

I installed the MMS package from Cydia and MMS works fine. But internet tethering didnt come along with it. Can you please guide me how to get tethering? I tried the link that you have posted but it doesnt inlude the tethering settings.
    Right now I have only two options in my iPhone one is for APN and the other is for MMS but there is no option for Tethering.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

has no one made a MMS UA faking for T-mobile, on iPhone 3G, for better picture quality & size!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12